Frizzle cochin

@Pampered chicken girl @Callender Girl @JacinLarkwell @agilitymonkey Bantam Cochin Frizzles are my favorite breed! The ones I've had have been sweet, personable, and entertaining. Years ago, I had a non-frizzled feathered one that was just as great. They come and sweetly look up to me like, "Pick me up!" They are docile and love to be held and pet. They can hold their own and be feisty to other chickens, no matter the size. Several years ago, I bought two from a friend who bred them. I bought them as pullets. In May, I bought three Bantam Cochin Frizzles through a fancy chicken store that got them through a hatchery. I wanted them to be vaccinated, and most hobby breeders don't have enough chickens since the vaccines come in large quantities. I had to gamble and hope for pullets but now I am afraid I have two cockerels. Here is a photo of my three. They're actually the same size, but one is fully feathered and has a small comb. The other two don't have all their feathers in but have larger redder combs. It makes me think that the small comb one is female. However, my two older Frizzles grew up to have large red combs. I'm attaching two photos taken at different ages of my two older Frizzles. If anyone has any thoughts about their sexes, please weigh in. Thanks!
Frizzles-Combs.jpg
TheFrizzles6mos.jpg
FrizzlesSept2yrs copy.jpg

They are beautiful chicks! As far as guessing gender, I'm not very good. My little red Bantam Cochin Frizzle girl has a comb twice as big as my other Bantam Cochins, who are not frizzles.

You are so right about their feistiness; however my Gabby does not want to be held. She wants to be given treats!

@Pampered chicken girl @Callender Girl @JacinLarkwell @agilitymonkey Bantam Cochin Frizzles are my favorite breed! The ones I've had have been sweet, personable, and entertaining. Years ago, I had a non-frizzled feathered one that was just as great. They come and sweetly look up to me like, "Pick me up!" They are docile and love to be held and pet. They can hold their own and be feisty to other chickens, no matter the size. Several years ago, I bought two from a friend who bred them. I bought them as pullets. In May, I bought three Bantam Cochin Frizzles through a fancy chicken store that got them through a hatchery. I wanted them to be vaccinated, and most hobby breeders don't have enough chickens since the vaccines come in large quantities. I had to gamble and hope for pullets but now I am afraid I have two cockerels. Here is a photo of my three. They're actually the same size, but one is fully feathered and has a small comb. The other two don't have all their feathers in but have larger redder combs. It makes me think that the small comb one is female. However, my two older Frizzles grew up to have large red combs. I'm attaching two photos taken at different ages of my two older Frizzles. If anyone has any thoughts about their sexes, please weigh in. Thanks!View attachment 3173648View attachment 3173652View attachment 3173653
1 female 2 malea

Back
Top Bottom