Dandelion_Farmer

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2021
Hi, I'm Annie. I'm a suburban hobby "farmer" in the South Coast region on Massachusetts, near Providence RI.

Q/A List:
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I first got chickens about 10 years ago--a mixed flock of Easter Eggers, Australorps, and Naked Necks free -ranging on 3 acres. I had to disperse the flock and move about 8 years ago, but I finally got back into chickens. I live on a tiny lot in the suburbs now and have a little flock of Easter Egger frizzles and a couple Silkes.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 4 adults and 12 adolescents.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Silkie and Easter Egger (frizzle and smooth)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
The entertainment and learning about the breeds and genetics. I also love hatching chicks and talking with other people about my hobbies.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Computer repair/tech, cooking, gardening, travel, reading, community activism and talking about good conversations over a cup of coffee (hot. cream, no sugar).

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have have a husband and a 12 year old kiddo, and share my home with my Mom-in-Law, 2 cats (my husband's), and an elderly beagle (mine) I work as a caregiver for my MIL, home administrator and "groundskeeper", freelance tech support and web design, as well as business admin and accounting for my husband's mental health therapy biz. I guess you could say I keep busy, LOL.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I've been finding answers to chicken questions on this forum for a long time; Google just keeps bringing me back here. I often find myself wanting to ask my own questions. What finally made me join is that I like to raise chicks but can't keep them all; I need to find some folks that want their own chickens and spread the love!

Back
Top Bottom