Frizzle pekin - roo or pullet?

WhiteRavenPark

Hatching
Nov 28, 2023
This is Toaster, my darling little frizzle pekin, and the lone survivor of an unlucky batch.

I think I've admitted defeat and decided she is actually a he, but would like a more professional opinion! I'm new to chickens!

Approx 8 weeks old, Echo, the black in behind her is maybe a week younger, and frizzle pekin x polish from my understanding.

Thanks for your help!
20231128_184603.jpg

Attachments

• 20231128_184559.jpg
    20231128_184559.jpg
    894.9 KB · Views: 11
Thanks guys!

Hoping that the black one isn't a cockarel as well, but am seeing why you think that might be the case.

I've only ever wanted frizzles, so these two being likely boys has broken my heart! Will have to find some more!

Thanks guys!

Hoping that the black one isn't a cockarel as well, but am seeing why you think that might be the case.

I've only ever wanted frizzles, so these two being likely boys has broken my heart! Will have to find some more!

Sorry these both turned out to be males. Just because you mentioned only wanting frizzles, you do know breeding frizzle to frizzle is a no no, right?

Sorry these both turned out to be males. Just because you mentioned only wanting frizzles, you do know breeding frizzle to frizzle is a no no, right?
Hey! Yes I do 😄 I have no intentions of breeding! Just have a few breeders with my number on standby when they have babies they notice are going frizzle! I just want a nice little group of hens is all!

I have also ended up with some belgian d'uccles, and will be shortly bringing home some straight pekins, and silver sebrings, but frizzles took my heart. Chickens that look like they stuck a fork in a toaster kind of fit with the vibe at the farm 🤣

Back
Top Bottom