Frizzle thread

Pics
Lovely chick :love I would love a tolbunt to add to my flock, very jealous. Your right it is a little early to tell but from the crest shape I would guess a male. Don't take it is a gospell though as I have been wrong with mine and the crest shape guessing :smack

Here's a weird question. I hatched some BBS bantam Cochins and one of the splash chicks was looking distinctly frizzled for the first 5 weeks but suddenly in week 6 the feathers seem to have all smoothed. So, what is he? Is he just weird?

Pictures? Sometimes smooth birds just look a little disheveled when they're going through those juvenile molts, I'm guessing that's what's happened with your chick. They look a little crazy when the feathers are growing in, and then lay down flat like they're supposed to when they're finished.

I have a question the place where i have been getting chicks is now offering olive eggers smooth and frizzle i am new to the frizzles but i didn't know olive eggers were frizzle does anyone have anyz? He said they are bc marans/amereucana! Any advice or opinions would be great!!

Here's a new picture of my "girl" out in the yard. Still making chick noises, but her cap looks "henny"....right? Her comb and waddles are just now beginning to turn red.

How old? I think your "girl" is a boy.

He/She is 3-4 months old I think. I can't say for sure.. I will shoot a text to the breeder, and see if she can tell me. Don't male polish caps make a v-shape or split/part though? So far, this one is wide spread and round, like my black frizzle polish hen's. Man, I hope "she" isn't a he.

Back
Top Bottom