Frizzle to Frizzle Issues

Rasputia

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 2, 2008
Conejo Valley
Hi, I was hoping some one may be able to clarify what are some health issues that can occur if you mix a frizzle to frizzle? I order 4 red frizzles from Ideal Poultry and they all look different but thier heads look the same
hmm.png
two had feathered feet and the other two didn't one has passed away and we don't know why.Penny showed no signs of any illness. The second stopped eating on her own and is cold. They are 4 weeks old and still very small. I am force feeding and watering Lil Cinnamon and keeping under some heat and by mid afternoon she perks up and wants to wonder around the yard. No one else is sick or shows any sign. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
bow.gif

Hi, I was hoping some one may be able to clarify what are some health issues that can occur if you mix a frizzle to frizzle? I order 4 red frizzles from Ideal Poultry and they all look different but thier heads look the same
hmm.png
two had feathered feet and the other two didn't one has passed away and we don't know why.Penny showed no signs of any illness. The second stopped eating on her own and is cold. They are 4 weeks old and still very small. I am force feeding and watering Lil Cinnamon and keeping under some heat and by mid afternoon she perks up and wants to wonder around the yard. No one else is sick or shows any sign. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
bow.gif
Sorry to hear your loss.
sad.png
There are technically no health issues mixing frizzle to frizzle, it just makes very brittle feathers and can cause less follicles to form. They probably look different because in order to get a good feathering frizzle you need to breed to a smooth feathered bird, which could be any other breed of chicken, as to what's making them ill it's hard to say specifically.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom