Frizzle?

astrid.mary

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 19, 2011
South Otago, New Zealand
May be a silly question but ... Having a cuddle today with my Gold Laced Wyandotte 'chick', now about 7 weeks old and mostly got her (well, hopefully her) big-bird feathers, and I noticed that some of her wing feathers are kind of curly, they curl so that the underside of the feather faces up. Is this frizzle? All the frizzles I've seen (in pictures) are frizzly all over, but can a chook be just partly frizzly?

If she was a frizzle you would have noticed right when the first wing feather stubs started poking through. I'm not sure what is going on with her feathers. I have never heard of the frizzle gene showing up this late in developement

A frizzle @ 6 weeks.

93695_img_1072.jpg

This is my frizzle at like four days. You can definately tell as the feathers are coming in.

P1000133.jpg

I think OP is saying that her bird has a few "frizzle" feathers, but for the most part has normal feathering
hmm.png
I am interested to see pictures, just to see if it is possible that it is a partially frizzled bird, for as far as I know, the frizzle trait is either expressed, or it isn't, so I do not believe it is possible for the frizzle gene to be only partially expressed. A picture would help us determine wether what you are seeing is frizzling, or something else.

Is there a reason you cannot post a pic yet? Do you just not have enough posts? You could PM one of us the pic, and we can post it for you?

Seriously? What's a sizzle??
I borrowed a friend's camera and took some pics but now waiting for her to find usb cable so that I can get them onto my computer. Will post them when I get that sorted (I should have enough posts to do that by then).
Noticed today that she has a few curled over feathers on her tail too.

Back
Top Bottom