From 20 to 16

I also put some boards next to the gate with staples going through it with the staples facing up so if anything walks there, there is a good chance it will step on the staples. There is electric wire there too. This was the first kill of several birds I have had it many years.

Every morning I check the birds when I'm changing out the memory cards in the cameras so they were fine when I left. When I got home from a Dr. appt and errands, the birds were going crazy, and when I went out to the pen they were in, so was the hawk and bird bodies. Here are a few I took out. Mostly pullets. These were the first ones I took out of the pen. I was gone for a few hours. I am amazed of how many birds were killed and wondered if the hawk had some help but couldn't find any breach and it was in an inside pen with other pens on both sides. The pens are divided with welded wire and with chicken wire attached with hog rings. I did find a gap in the netting which i repaired. Since I checked all of the netting to make sure there are no more gaps. My pens are 200 ft x 60 ft. The netting I bought was 200' x 50'. I bought some rolls of deer netting that were 150' x 14' to fill the gap. I have mostly hog rings holding the netting together but there are a couple of places I have to put some hog rings that have zip ties. The netting is attached to the coops.
IMG_20190911_173150[1].jpg

2015-04-12 11.50.57.jpg
IMG_20181202_133518.jpg

Last edited:
I went out to the pen they were in, so was the hawk and bird bodies.
How did you get hawk out of run....or should I not ask??
Pretty incredible that the hawk would kill more then one bird,
but it was trapped inside so...extenuating circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom