From the Darkside

I think one of my black runners laid her first egg today, because it is a dark grey color. None of my chocolate runners every laid this color before. Is it normal for a black runner to lay this color, or does it mean she has a bit of Cayuga somewhere on her genetic line?
I have 4 half Cayuga half Rouen ducks and none of them lay a dark egg. I had one light gray one once... none since... jealous...

Even in zone 8a Texas it’s somewhat a struggle. The Changsha mandarin, once established, can survive 10*f for a few hours. Satsumas 15*F for a few hours.
All else have to be brought in.
When living in the Houston area, we has a Satsuma mandarin tree in our backyard, boy were those sweet and juicy! 😍

Was it the satsuma tree that has the thorns? I remember my mom always saying to us be careful running around back there because one of the trees had thorns.

Well my Owari satsuma isn’t really thorny. I mean it has thorns but they form close to the the areas where a limb splits int two and are super tiny and sparse. Now some lime and lemon varieties can be real thorny.

Well my Owari satsuma isn’t really thorny. I mean it has thorns but they form close to the the areas where a limb splits int two and are super tiny and sparse. Now some lime and lemon varieties can be real thorny.
Our Satsuma mandarin tree had no thorns at all, but the neighbors lime trees were living piles of barb-wire! They had planted three trees at the fence and when the fence had to be replaced i learned a lot of spanish curses that would have made the devil blush. 🤣

It was a long time ago just remember being warned about the trees with thorns. Do you grow cumquat too? Gosh it’s been so long when I ate these two fruits. I use to love the dates from the date palm too just don’t get things like this in mountains of NC.
Hmmmm! Dates! Had some of the best (sweetest!) dates in my life in Saudia Arabia.

Back
Top Bottom