Frost white legbar - gender

wholehearted

Songster
9 Years
Feb 26, 2011
Ohio
I ordered a frost white legbar female, but I'm suspecting that she is actually a he. Thoughts? He/she is about twelve weeks old. Sorry my phone does not take great pics. These are the best I could get.

legbar 1.jpg legbar 2.jpg

Thanks for the confirmation. "She" was a last minute impulse buy with my hatchery chick order...I know getting a male is always a possibility, but he cost more than the rest of my chicks combined, so that is kind of a bummer. Was really looking forward to those pretty eggs.

Thanks for the confirmation. "She" was a last minute impulse buy with my hatchery chick order...I know getting a male is always a possibility, but he cost more than the rest of my chicks combined, so that is kind of a bummer. Was really looking forward to those pretty eggs.
Stinks to have spent the time raising a boy... the hatchery should refund you fully the cost of that chick though once it reaches a specific age... right?

Ya, the eggs would have been nice! :hmm

Stinks to have spent the time raising a boy... the hatchery should refund you fully the cost of that chick though once it reaches a specific age... right?

Ya, the eggs would have been nice! :hmm

I'm not sure how that works. I will have to look into it. I have gotten males in my pullet order before, but usually they only cost a few dollars, so I didn't even both requesting a refund.

He's a beautiful boy anyway's! Too bad that you are so far away, or I could offer to trade you my CCLB hen that is laying the blue eggs for him. I already hatched chicks from her and kept my pullets, and I could use him to breed those.

I actually used to live in Arizona (Mesa), but we're definitely far from there now. :) Funny thing is I actually wanted the crested cream legbars, but they were sold out, which is what led me to make the impulse buy of this one at the last minute. Don't know whether we'll keep him or not. We can have roosters, but I haven't had good luck with them in the past, so I'm hesitant.

I actually used to live in Arizona (Mesa), but we're definitely far from there now. :) Funny thing is I actually wanted the crested cream legbars, but they were sold out, which is what led me to make the impulse buy of this one at the last minute. Don't know whether we'll keep him or not. We can have roosters, but I haven't had good luck with them in the past, so I'm hesitant.

Small world, huh? Good luck with him!

Back
Top Bottom