Frozen chicken!!!

Yes keep her in overnight. If she gets runny poop then she is to hot I would also wait at least 24 hours before forcing water down just have water in there with her and mix a little Gatorade or Powerade in with water it will encourage drinking and has electrolytes which will help her get back on her feet and feeling better
She drank quite a bit of water on her own but I'm worried about her not moving..well just seems to fall over...

I had a hen whose legs froze up to the knees early in January (She decided to sleep standing up on a negative-temp. night!). She recovered from it fairly well. She was really old, though. She died soon after of old age, unfortunately. It was just too much for her to handle.
The vet said that the best thing to do was to soak her frozen bits in warm water once or twice per day and to put triple antibiotic ointment on any open wounds. I put my girl in the same room as our woodstove. I tried keeping her in a cooler room in the house, but I think that actually was not as good for her (after she had properly warmed up). Her feet swelled up a lot, which may happen to your girl's wing if it's not completely frostbitten. It looks nasty, just hang in there!

I really hope she'll be ok but it sounds like she's had quite an ordeal. She got very cold and probably hadn't eaten or drank in a while so she's weak. Just keep her comfy make sure she eats and drinks and keep her company. That's the very best things you can do, chickens are really tough, so hang in there with her.;)
Yes I she seemed to be breathing heavy so I moved her in a cooler room. What worries me now is she won't stand up and when she tries she topples over. I'm so worried!!!! I love chickens so much!! Please tell me she'll be ok!

Back
Top Bottom