Frugal Pattern Quilt Block Swap (Sign-up ends 6/18/11)

Quote:
I am not going to send you not one block until you call and tell me what you are up to.
tongue2.gif
so whatcha goinna do now.....hehehehe

Quote:
I am not going to send you not one block until you call and tell me what you are up to.
tongue2.gif

Bet she's going to mix them up like the pic shows.

I thought about that, but then I was struck by a different idea. Keep the "X's" and add some "O's" and make it a hugs and kisses quilt.

Oh no I just had another idea, a tic tac toe quilt w/ the x's and o's.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Wasn't sure where to post this where it would be seen by the quilters, BUT:

Anyone willing to help quickly put together a quilt??
The gathering is to benefit a 4yr old little girl with Cystic Fibrosis.
She is my hair cutter's daughter.

They're looking for items to raffle or silent auction at their benefit on August 15th.

Guess I'm going to have to learn REALLY FAST!!
Anyone willing to play?
Anyone have ideas for something quick and easy??
Even if we do a baby quilt or a small quilt to hang on the wall??

Thanks so much!
I know it is short notice!

Cacky - Check out page 14
Ginbart has really nice directions, with pics!

You're making 4 little blocks (6.5") and sewing them together to make one 12.5" block with an X across the middle.
Each 12.5" block = 1 block.
All four 6.5" blocks must be the same to make one 12.5" block, but all 12.5" blocks can be different.

We need 12 12.5" blocks for the swap

Quote:
Anyone?????

Yes to the measurements, but you can make it easier on yourself and cut the squares at 7 inches trim them back to 6.5 and the large square will be 12.5 finished. 4 little squares in each of the 12 larger squares so yes total of 48. each of the 48 needs to be in sets of 4 for fabric choice (just two diff fabrics for each set of 4) all the sets of 4 can be any color fabric as long as the 4 in the set are the same.

Quote:
It would be a lot easier to cut your squares to 7 inches, forget the 6 7/8 that's a pain in the you know what.

Yes you are sewing the smaller squares into a bigger square. BUT if you would not put one together and send it to Acre I'm going to change mine all around and mix them up.

Quote:
tongue2.gif

Bet she's going to mix them up like the pic shows.

I thought about that, but then I was struck by a different idea. Keep the "X's" and add some "O's" and make it a hugs and kisses quilt.

Oh no I just had another idea, a tic tac toe quilt w/ the x's and o's.

barnie.gif
no don't say that now you have me thinking and I need to go to bed.
he.gif

Quote:
tongue2.gif

That's it I quite.
lau.gif
Now that I messed things up. I hope you don't mind but I do want to make it like the pic on the quilt we all looked it. So your going to have to do a little extra work. SO sorry about that.
tongue2.gif
Well I don't really care if you mind I'm making it that way.
gig.gif
so just remember the small one's come to me, can you handle all that work with everything else your doing?

Back
Top Bottom