Frugal Pattern Quilt Block Swap (Sign-up ends 6/18/11)

9 Days left.....everyone who hasn't sent theirs, please chime in and let me know how everything is going.

Ginbart is done with her blocks but due to massive flooding in her area, I will understand if she can't get hers sent in time. Please pray (thise that do pray) for the people of Bloomsburg, Pa and surrounding areas that are dealing with the flood.

Yuck, first attempt just did NOT work. Fabric just didn't go together without warping. MIL and DD got new, in the wash, and they are going for it this weekend.

Just trimming mine up and will be sending them out to you on time.
smile.png

fl.gif
hope everything works out with all the flooding stuff. I'm thinking of you all.

Sewing is NOT going well. My middle strip keeps coming out to be less than 1". I am continuing sewing on Sunday and hope to get it worked out so I can get them finished so I can press and cut. I will keep you updated.

I'm done, I've been done. I think I can get to the PO today to mail it. We couldn't go to far because of the flood. We didn't even get any mail yesterday because they could not get to us.

This is the fairgrounds were DH trains race horse's. All under water and the fair is supost to start in 2 weeks.
7163_310317_275797912433324_122253831121067_1175384_587022697_n.jpg

This pic was taken out of my SIL second story window. Thank God he left because it got a lot higher.
7163_315919_257684587598678_100000714153804_853771_652833149_n.jpg

I have 7 big blocks done (28 little ones.). I had more little but then realized I didn't have enough material to make 4 of the same so had to go buy some more material.

Ginger your machine is working really well!
Even teaching my stepdaughter!!
We're really enjoying learning together!!

Need some help though.
My mom says she thinks it's the tension or the bobbin.
The thread breaks a lot and sometimes makes messy, loopy bobbin-side stitches.
Any ideas? what am I doing wrong b/c it's most probably me!

I usually just rip it out and try again and we do fine!

Hope everyone affected by the flood is doing okay.
We're on the upswing but we also live about 3/4 up the side of a mountain!

Ginger- where did your DH take his horses??

I don't know how they'll get the fairgrounds dry enough- that's a muddy fairgrounds anyhow b/c the amount of foot traffic it gets!

that is a lot of water!

I fixed my sewing problem. On my old machine there is a mark on the presser foot that indicates 1/4". On my new machine there is a mark on the presser foot also. But, it is almost 1/2"! Duh. I never measured it. Now I feel stupid, but my blocks are working out fine now. I actually have a presser foot that has marks in 1/8" so now I line up on the middle mark
smile.png

Well, can't get the new machine to sew right. At all. Old machine is skipping stitches and is loose top, breaking bobbin thread, which is why I got the new. New is worse than old. Argh!

Back
Top Bottom