Ft. Worth Stock Show

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by red_raider_64, Dec 15, 2007.

1. red_raider_64

red_raider_64 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2007
    Stephenville Texas
    Anyone here attending this show?

2. JohnnyHayes

JohnnyHayes Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2007
    Dawson Texas
    [​IMG] You bet red raider, the wife and I will be there as spectators this year, and hopefully show next year. See u There Johnny

3. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    When is it?

4. the_chicken_ranch

the_chicken_ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2007
    Terrell, Texas
    Now Johnny, you told me you were going to be giving your birds baths for this show! What happened? I really wanted to hear about you bathing your chickens ;-)
    Liana

5. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Oh, gosh, when is this? I'm only 40 minutes from there. Let me know.

6. blackred

blackred Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    Ft. Worth Stock Show Open poultry show is January 19th & 20th.
    The best time to visit is Saturday after 9 am. The judging starts at that time so all birds will be in place. Coop out will be Sunday around 12. The show barn is on Harley Ave and I believe it says POULTRY on the front.

Keep in mind this is The Ft Worth Stock show and is a big deal, so parking is a premium and about $5. Get there early on Saturday and you wont have to park more than 1 or 2 blocks away.

Here is a link to their site http://www.fwstockshowrodeo.com/

I
    will be there as usual hanging around the Modern game bantams and occasionally the Old English.

Bob

7. red_raider_64

red_raider_64 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2007
    Stephenville Texas
    Sorry guys I havent checked this topic ya everything that blackred said was true. Hope to see yall there.

8. JohnnyHayes

JohnnyHayes Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2007
    Dawson Texas
    This will be a great show, should be a lottttaaa birds.

Liana I think I will go this time and spectate, I am washing the birds I am taking them to the Blue bonnet in College Station, thank goodness the weather is warm it makes wahing the fowl a lot easier for me and the birds. If you and hubby going let me know, Smile Johnny:D

9. Kimblee

Kimblee Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2007
    Will there be any folks selling chicks and/or pullets there?

10. blackred

blackred Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    Will there be any folks selling chicks and/or pullets there?

No, I believe it is acually against show rules to have sale birds at the show, although I have sold birds that were entered in the show. It is rare to see chicks for sale at Exhibition poultry shows and in Texas you have to have a permit from the TAHC just to sell anything. It can make for a bland atmosphere not having a sale area.

At the Bluebonnet Classic a few of us have got out our permits so we can sell a few birds, and these will mostly be Exhibition grade poultry altough I will have a few guineas and Maran hens for sale along with my moderngame bantams.

Bob​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by