igorsMistress

Crossing the road barefoot.
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
Candled the eggs, this is day 5. One that I previously thought might be ok may not be but there are 5 that are looking good. So better than I thought.

igorsMistress

Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
We're having corn chowder for dinner. Chopped 8 slices bacon, a small onion, and leftover celery and cooked together, then enough flour that I thought it looked good so 3 or 4 T, added 2 c water and knorr chicken bouillon, a bay leaf, whisked together 1 c whole milk and 1/2 c heavy cream and dumped that in, then a can each of cream style and whole kernel corn and simmered a few minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Quick and easy, less than 30 minutes. This is a mishmash of recipes from what my Nana used to make and what I found online. A lot of recipes call for adding potatoes but I don't like it that way. I think this would be good with some roasted poblano peppers.

Made some pancake mix biscuits. 3 c mix, 1 egg, 1/2 c water, 1/4 c butter softened. Mix, knead lightly on floured surface til you can roll it out 1/2" thick and cut into biscuits. Bake 400 about 10 minutes. Again a mishmash, ingredients from one source, cook time and temp from another. I used Krusteaz buttermilk pancake mix so they are slightly sweet, no honey or jam needed. Cam wants more for breakfast.
20200803_154202.jpg

20200803_174930.jpg

N F C

BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Dec 12, 2013
Wyoming
We're having corn chowder for dinner. Chopped 8 slices bacon, a small onion, and leftover celery and cooked together, then enough flour that I thought it looked good so 3 or 4 T, added 2 c water and knorr chicken bouillon, a bay leaf, whisked together 1 c whole milk and 1/2 c heavy cream and dumped that in, then a can each of cream style and whole kernel corn and simmered a few minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Quick and easy, less than 30 minutes. This is a mishmash of recipes from what my Nana used to make and what I found online. A lot of recipes call for adding potatoes but I don't like it that way. I think this would be good with some roasted poblano peppers.

Made some pancake mix biscuits. 3 c mix, 1 egg, 1/2 c water, 1/4 c butter softened. Mix, knead lightly on floured surface til you can roll it out 1/2" thick and cut into biscuits. Bake 400 about 10 minutes. Again a mishmash, ingredients from one source, cook time and temp from another. I used Krusteaz buttermilk pancake mix so they are slightly sweet, no honey or jam needed. Cam wants more for breakfast.
View attachment 2275489
View attachment 2275491
Your soup sounds good IM!

Yesterday I made ground beef taquitos (sp?) and baked them in the oven. Originally I was going to put 1/2 of them in the freezer for another meal but they didn't make it that far :lol:

igorsMistress

Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
Your soup sounds good IM!

Yesterday I made ground beef taquitos (sp?) and baked them in the oven. Originally I was going to put 1/2 of them in the freezer for another meal but they didn't make it that far :lol:
Thanks NFC. Taquitos sound pretty good! How long did you bake and what temp?

Top Bottom