igorsMistress

Crossing the road barefoot.
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
My Coop
I'm going to get two Cream Legbars...I want to breed them to my FBCM roo and I was thinking about getting 1 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte and a Lavender Orpington, but I might wait on the last 2 as I want to get a Blue Andalusian per @N F C's suggestion for a beautiful white egg layer and you know how it is if you have to place an order, there is always a minimum!
That chicken math is tricky business :lol:
I do like the Blue Andalusians :loveThe BLRW are beauteous too though, that would be a really tough decision for me!

drstratton

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Mar 15, 2020
Eastern WA - USA
My Coop
My Coop
That chicken math is tricky business :lol:
I do like the Blue Andalusians :loveThe BLRW are beauteous too though, that would be a really tough decision for me!
Chicken math definitely is tricky...I don't want to overcrowd my chickens...but there is a lot of room in my little coop...they snuggle pretty tight and I have at least a whole length of roost bar that doesn't get used and since they have such a huge pen area...I could probably get what I want...I'm actually pretty good at manipulating my chicken math... :gig

They are beautiful, but I wanted the Andalusian before I even thought about the BLRW and I'm also planning on breeding for some Olive Eggers, so I better not go too crazy right now! :D

N F C

BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Dec 12, 2013
Wyoming
I'm going to get two Cream Legbars...I want to breed them to my FBCM roo and I was thinking about getting 1 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte and a Lavender Orpington, but I might wait on the last 2 as I want to get a Blue Andalusian per @N F C's suggestion for a beautiful white egg layer and you know how it is if you have to place an order, there is always a minimum!

You're going to have a beautiful (more beautiful) flock Rene!

igorsMistress

Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
My Coop
I’m sitting out back with the ducks as they forage around a bit munching weeds and such. They’re really getting comfortable being around me although it’s almost always Bean and Pip who head my way first. I can even be bent over picking things up and they’ll come right over. Today this gave me a chance to really listen to Fig and I’m almost positive he’s a drake based on voice. I guess that brings me a sense of comfort that I could try hatching some eggs if anything were to happen to them. I’m also really happy I went ahead and ordered more ducklings already. Here’s a few pics from today
Fig on the right, Pip on the left
A17A5F0B-9D12-4EA1-AA17-784CB7231E36.jpeg

Fig in front
5E9B87AD-A6B9-4709-AFD7-7EA48BC97BC4.jpeg

Bean flapping her wings and checking out the camera
460B8349-C8B4-49B8-95AD-6CAEC8E738A1.jpeg
8E24241B-E7BB-4408-812B-B177E3377BC4.jpeg

Pip on front, Bean behind her
5BCACF29-D713-4F37-8647-CF4260E9CA04.jpeg

drstratton

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Mar 15, 2020
Eastern WA - USA
My Coop
My Coop
I’m sitting out back with the ducks as they forage around a bit munching weeds and such. They’re really getting comfortable being around me although it’s almost always Bean and Pip who head my way first. I can even be bent over picking things up and they’ll come right over. Today this gave me a chance to really listen to Fig and I’m almost positive he’s a drake based on voice. I guess that brings me a sense of comfort that I could try hatching some eggs if anything were to happen to them. I’m also really happy I went ahead and ordered more ducklings already. Here’s a few pics from today
View attachment 2497009
Fig in front
View attachment 2497013
View attachment 2497015 View attachment 2497016
View attachment 2497018
I hope Fig's a drake if that's what you want...it would be great to be able to hatch out some ducklings if the need arises! They are so adorable...💞

igorsMistress

Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
My Coop
I hope Fig's a drake if that's what you want...it would be great to be able to hatch out some ducklings if the need arises! They are so adorable...💞
He reminds of Felix Unger in that picture :gig He’s got his little v-neck sweater on and he’s standing there like such a good little boy. I just don’t think I could eat him.

I’m trying to find the silver lining. They’re a renewable source of food and it’s good to have the option of hatching for that reason. If it turns out he’s a drake he won’t crow so the neighbors won’t have any reason to be mad. It prevents me from having chickens again so only one coop to clean because I can’t separate the two. So there are many problems solved, we’ll roll with it.

Last edited:

drstratton

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Mar 15, 2020
Eastern WA - USA
My Coop
My Coop
He reminds of either Felix Unger in that picture :gig He’s got his little v-neck sweater on and he’s standing there like such a good little boy. I just don’t think I could eat him.

I’m trying to find the silver lining. They’re a renewable source of food and it’s good to have the option of hatching for that reason. If it turns out he’s a drake he won’t crow so the neighbors won’t have any reason to be mad. It prevents me from having chickens again so only one coop to clean because I can’t separate the two. So there are many problems solved, we’ll roll with it.
Hahaha...Felix Unger...you nailed it...maybe you should rename him Felix if it's a drake! 🤣

Way to be positive IM...sounds like you have it all figured out...they are pretty awesome! 💞

Grammy60

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
Jul 2, 2019
Smith County TN
View attachment 2497009
Fig in front
View attachment 2497013
View attachment 2497015 View attachment 2497016
View attachment 2497018

Oh my goodness they are getting so big ❤ great pictures today !!

Top Bottom