Great pictures IM! Those pups...:love and I can't believe how much the littles have changed in just 8 days! They don't really look like babies anymore!

I agree with Debby...DIL is beautiful and your son is very handsome. You have a lovely family!
Thank you Rene. I think the pic is more flattering of her than him but that’s ok.

The babies really are getting big. They have the older girls to encourage and coach them so they’ve been out and about at a much earlier age than the big girls were.

Ducks eating a broccoli plant that bolted and my broccoli harvest today
06E38F6E-C990-47CD-B75E-B9F1229A1693.jpeg
1B04CF82-ABBC-41B0-A5D4-237747C20C37.jpeg

I'm impressed...that look's great! Looks like they are enjoying their treat!
Thanks! My first time ever growing broccoli. We ate the first head raw, just rinsed and cut it.I’m going to pressure cook these and eat them with butter and salt/pepper :drool

The littles are developing physical characteristics that allow me to tell them apart. One has a light orange bill so I’ve decided to call her Yoshi. The other two have flesh colored bills but one is larger than the other. The big girl is Luna and the smaller is Pearl. They won’t eat out of my hand or come out of the duck house if I’m right at the door. One actually followed the bigs out this morning though and the other two were freaked out. They adore peas so I’ve been hand feeding a pea to each of the bigs at night and throwing one to each of the littles. They get excited and start to come close so we’re making progress.

Fig does this thing where she walks toward me with her head down low to the ground and she quacks at me. She’s not attacking me but it’s either a greeting or a warning, I’m not sure which. The other two are doing well, they all quack when I let them out in the morning and I heard a definite quack from one of the littles the other day.

I just brought my entourage in from the patio. It’s windy ahead of cooler temps and rain is possible but not likely. The bougainvillea is dripping flowers and the grass is starting to green up with the warmer temps. I need to water it this weekend.
53A437EC-5ECB-42FA-BF07-BE499D6FBE59.jpeg

There are lots of weeds in the shade garden so the boys will be busy next week. Hubs has to work Saturday so I’ll get the duck and bunny chores done that day and then Monday I start on the house. The fridge and chest freezers have been cleaned out and I’m doing one pantry shelf a day until it’s done. I hope to get all the drapes washed and rehung next weekend and the carpets done as well with the rest between now and then.

I gave my incubator, humidikit and heat plate to my son and DIL to hatch some Muscovy eggs. Their neighbor has three dogs that got under the fence and killed the female Muscovy they had, a chicken and bunny my son had to finish off. I guess this weekend he’s digging trenches to fill with concrete and then they’re putting up a privacy fence. Now they have Einstein their male Muscovy and he’s been lonely so he’s chilling with the goats and bunnies. Poor guy, I hope some of the eggs hatch.

The littles are developing physical characteristics that allow me to tell them apart. One has a light orange bill so I’ve decided to call her Yoshi. The other two have flesh colored bills but one is larger than the other. The big girl is Luna and the smaller is Pearl. They won’t eat out of my hand or come out of the duck house if I’m right at the door. One actually followed the bigs out this morning though and the other two were freaked out. They adore peas so I’ve been hand feeding a pea to each of the bigs at night and throwing one to each of the littles. They get excited and start to come close so we’re making progress.

Fig does this thing where she walks toward me with her head down low to the ground and she quacks at me. She’s not attacking me but it’s either a greeting or a warning, I’m not sure which. The other two are doing well, they all quack when I let them out in the morning and I heard a definite quack from one of the littles the other day.

I just brought my entourage in from the patio. It’s windy ahead of cooler temps and rain is possible but not likely. The bougainvillea is dripping flowers and the grass is starting to green up with the warmer temps. I need to water it this weekend.
View attachment 2564233
There are lots of weeds in the shade garden so the boys will be busy next week. Hubs has to work Saturday so I’ll get the duck and bunny chores done that day and then Monday I start on the house. The fridge and chest freezers have been cleaned out and I’m doing one pantry shelf a day until it’s done. I hope to get all the drapes washed and rehung next weekend and the carpets done as well with the rest between now and then.

I gave my incubator, humidikit and heat plate to my son and DIL to hatch some Muscovy eggs. Their neighbor has three dogs that got under the fence and killed the female Muscovy they had, a chicken and bunny my son had to finish off. I guess this weekend he’s digging trenches to fill with concrete and then they’re putting up a privacy fence. Now they have Einstein their male Muscovy and he’s been lonely so he’s chilling with the goats and bunnies. Poor guy, I hope some of the eggs hatch.
Those little's will soon be eating out of your hand. As to Fig, sometimes it's just hard to tell what their actions mean, I hope it doesn't turn into aggression!

Your bougainvillea is absolutely beautiful!

Sad about your son's animals, I hope the eggs hatch too!

View attachment 2564233

Sorry about your son's animals...hope they have a good hatch so Einstein will have some company.

Guess it's going to be a busy week of "vacation" for you IM!

Those little's will soon be eating out of your hand. As to Fig, sometimes it's just hard to tell what their actions mean, I hope it doesn't turn into aggression!

Your bougainvillea is absolutely beautiful!

Sad about your son's animals, I hope the eggs hatch too!
Thanks Rene. The bougainvillea was here when we moved in. They’re hard to kill!
I haven’t seen any aggression from Fig so far. She’s happy to eat out my hand and seems fine. Her quack sounds like a laugh and she makes me laugh! It is sad about the jerk neighbor my son has. The dogs are being dogs so it’s not really their fault.
Sorry about your son's animals...hope they have a good hatch so Einstein will have some company.

Guess it's going to be a busy week of "vacation" for you IM!
Thanks Debby, I hope they have a good hatch for his sake as well. Poor guy!

Don’t worry, I’ll be sure to take time for myself next week too. It’s not going to be all work all the time, I am going to put eberyonelse to work also.

Back
Top Bottom