Just came in from watering a few shrubs, gave the ducks fresh water in their buckets and cleaned the kiddie pool. They were so excited that all six were in there at once with a case of the zoomies :gig The white girls still make think of the Queen song Fat Bottom Girls. Their fat little behinds are so cute as they waddle around. Here’s our forecast for the next few days. Overnight lows are quite comfortable and the water still runs cool.
7CD8C3F4-753A-49D7-87F0-7F9840FE76C5.png

I usually cut off the stem and top inch of the flower, sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic pwd, then pressure cook, how long depends on size.20 minutes or so then let pressure release naturally. Or steam which takes quite a bit longer. Then serve with mayo or melted butter. Sometimes a squeeze of lemon is nice.
I love artichokes, with butter! I have a friend that grows them & she only lives about an hour away, so I'm pretty sure I can grow them too!

It’s hot today! Yesterday it was 99 and this weekend is supposed to be toasty. I was outside early this morning and heard an owl so they’re still around.
Tomorrow I’m moving the pond liner into the small yard because in the late afternoon it’ll have deep shade. there are just too many things that need attention right now and we don’t have a lot of time to build a shade structure I’m thinking about moving the one small one out to put over the kiddie pool near the lemon tree though. The boys will have to get up when my daughter gets home so I’m going to put them into servitude and get a bunch of stuff cleaned up before the heat ramps up.
I was sitting on the chair in the second pic thinking about the pond liner and how to set it up when the Runners walked past me into the yard. The white girls were still to my right near the entrance to the yard. The two groups chatted back and forth a bit until Yoshi finally decided I wasn’t going to kill her and made a slow walk past me, almost tip toeing :gig Luna and a Pearl followed so I dumped out the Timothy hay hay for them to pick through
View attachment 2596928View attachment 2596929
Silly girls...don't you just wonder what goes through their minds...lol
Are those temps pretty normal for this time of year?

Silly girls...don't you just wonder what goes through their minds...lol
Are those temps pretty normal for this time of year?
Hi Rene! Ironically I started catching up at your
plece yesterday too.
These temps are average for this time of year. I hope this means our summer won’t be as brutal as in recent years!

Back
Top Bottom