I’m still waiting to hear that the apple tree, lilac and night blooming jessamine are on their way. The spot for the jessamine is mostly ready, I need more soil for the apple tree and I have a bush to dig out where I want to put the lilac…maybe. Tomorrow I’ll be mulching the blueberries and elephant ears. I have moonflower seeds soaking to plant tomorrow and I’m going to plant some nasturtiums as well. I’ve signed up for a tour of the worm farm in a few weeks. We went down there Saturday as planned and had a chance to walk around a little bit. I was pleased to see some desert adapted plants and trees in various stages as well as the food crops. The tour should be interesting, it’s with the owner and their lead grower.

I’m still waiting to hear that the apple tree, lilac and night blooming jessamine are on their way. The spot for the jessamine is mostly ready, I need more soil for the apple tree and I have a bush to dig out where I want to put the lilac…maybe. Tomorrow I’ll be mulching the blueberries and elephant ears. I have moonflower seeds soaking to plant tomorrow and I’m going to plant some nasturtiums as well. I’ve signed up for a tour of the worm farm in a few weeks. We went down there Saturday as planned and had a chance to walk around a little bit. I was pleased to see some desert adapted plants and trees in various stages as well as the food crops. The tour should be interesting, it’s with the owner and their lead grower.

Sounds like a good tour IM. How are your worms doing?

Garden update…I’m going to plant half of the walking onions in pots in the shade garden and the rest in the garden. We’ll see how that goes. I cut down one of the red Mexican birds of paradise, have to dig that out tomorrow, cut back the other one and did a major trim on the yellow bells in the xeriscape garden. The potato bush still needs a trim. It has opened up that area a bit and looks better, all the bushes were pretty much the same height. I’m going to the nursery tomorrow to find either Asian star jasmine or star jasmine to grow as a low groundcover in that garden. I might have to replace the Texas sage, I’ll give it a little more time to see new growth before I dig it out…maybe. The lilac that hasn’t shipped yet is going in the garden with the apple tree to help shade the apple from the afternoon sun a little bit in summer. The apple tree will go in a pot in the shade garden until fall. I also need to pick up some more dirt to fill in the area where I’m putting the lilac so it’s ready. So far the elephant ears are surviving the transplant. I need to get those mulched tomorrow.

While I was outside today the little birds were duking it out and chasing each other all over. I saw tons of lizards out there too. Spring is in the air!

Garden update…I’m going to plant half of the walking onions in pots in the shade garden and the rest in the garden. We’ll see how that goes. I cut down one of the red Mexican birds of paradise, have to dig that out tomorrow, cut back the other one and did a major trim on the yellow bells in the xeriscape garden. The potato bush still needs a trim. It has opened up that area a bit and looks better, all the bushes were pretty much the same height. I’m going to the nursery tomorrow to find either Asian star jasmine or star jasmine to grow as a low groundcover in that garden. I might have to replace the Texas sage, I’ll give it a little more time to see new growth before I dig it out…maybe. The lilac that hasn’t shipped yet is going in the garden with the apple tree to help shade the apple from the afternoon sun a little bit in summer. The apple tree will go in a pot in the shade garden until fall. I also need to pick up some more dirt to fill in the area where I’m putting the lilac so it’s ready. So far the elephant ears are surviving the transplant. I need to get those mulched tomorrow.

While I was outside today the little birds were duking it out and chasing each other all over. I saw tons of lizards out there too. Spring is in the air!

What type of apple tree did you get IM? A trip to the nursery sounds terrific, they're always interesting.

Hope it goes well this time.
Well growers ship to us in “Spring” when it’s really summer weather compared to the rest of the country. Unless you can over summer it in a pot and then plant in fall it’s a almost a guaranteed fail. Doesn’t matter what mother
Is doing, must follow calendar 🙄

Well growers ship to us in “Spring” when it’s really summer weather compared to the rest of the country. Unless you can over summer it in a pot and then plant in fall it’s a almost a guaranteed fail. Doesn’t matter what mother
Is doing, must follow calendar 🙄

Calendar spring is your summer and calendar spring is my winter. The calendar doesn't know what it's talking about.

Back
Top Bottom