Fugly Farm

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by igorsMistress, Aug 22, 2019.

1. igorsMistress

igorsMistress Crossing the Road Barefoot

Apr 9, 2013
    My Coop
    All you get on google is ads for things it seems.

2. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

I have heard told that those listed on the first page in the google searches have paid them to be listed first. Most people doing the searches only look at the first page in the searches.

3. igorsMistress

igorsMistress Crossing the Road Barefoot

Apr 9, 2013
    My Coop
    Yup I use duckduckgo for my searches quite often. I hate google.

4. Mimi13

Mimi13 fuhgettaboutit

Jan 6, 2018
    Centre, AL
    I am glad to read this. I will try using DuckDuckGo from now on.

Oh the things you learn on BYC!

5. N F C

N F C Champion

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Never heard of that search engine IM...thanks for the tip!

6. Kabootar

Kabootar Songster

Aug 15, 2017
    Bihar India
    The guy at the Agricultural University offered me eggs of naked neck. The university had imported the birds from Europe. But I backed out after I learnt that the trait is dominant. I don't want half naked chicks running around on my farm. We are a conservative people:gig.

7. Mimi13

Mimi13 fuhgettaboutit

Jan 6, 2018
    Centre, AL
    :yuckyuck

What’s so funny about this statement is that sometimes after a full day of foraging my NN, Mrs. Biggles, looks as though “her ‘cleavage’ done spilled over and out.” The nakedness of her crop will sometimes make me do a double take. :lau:eek:

8. Kabootar

Kabootar Songster

Aug 15, 2017
    Bihar India
    That full crop reminds me of a Hollywood film about aliens. Men in Black or something, I don't exactly remember, but it was funny clip from that film.:lau

9. Compost King

Compost King Free Ranging

Apr 19, 2018
    Salisbury, North Carolina
    I processed a Naked Neck last night. so much easier to deal with less feathers. I do not know everyone else reason for loving Naked Necks but mine are all practical. Less protein going to feathering, less feathers in the way when making them table birds, and less heat stress in summer. In winter they can turtle their necks on the roosting bar to retain heat. I just happen to like ugly chickens so being funny looking doesn't hurt at all.

10. Kabootar

Kabootar Songster

Aug 15, 2017
    Bihar India
    You are correct, I am not a big fan of the looks of guinea fowl. I have them purely for practical purposes. They eat a lotta ticks, the keets and the adults sell well. People expect them to be ugly. My ignorant customers however freak out when they see a naked neck, because they have a different image of a chicken. They don't expect a chicken to look ugly and bald like a low grade government clerk. So they will not buy them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: