Pics
All good reasons for having some. As for me, I just kind of like the "look" of them :) Haven't had any yet, but someday...

Trim, I hope you'll share pictures!

Sounds like you have a good one there with your boy IM!

I do love their appearance as well. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :highfive:

Go for it, and good luck!

Trim, I hope you'll share pictures!
Well I just got home with 2 NN pullets and a surprise Serama roo. They are not very happy right now, but have been moved in to an isolation coop for now. The pictures are in transport, not their coop.

Thr brown girl was getting picked on, so there are some pecking wounds on her neck, and the black one just looks pissed off.

They are around 5.5 months old, so hopefully they'll be laying soon.
20190825_161431.jpg
20190825_161444.jpg

This happens to also be the farm I learned about Seramas from, ans the woman that runs it knows how much I love them. When I told her yesterday was my birthday, she offered this fella to me as a gift. I just could not pass him up. I guess it was colder in the car than I thought, once back outside his comb went to a nice bright red on top. For right now he's a bit of a jerk, but he lets me hold him, so there is plenty of room to work with him. I'd assume and hope it's just because I'm stranger.
20190825_162803.jpg

Well I just got home with 2 NN pullets and a surprise Serama roo. They are not very happy right now, but have been moved in to an isolation coop for now. The pictures are in transport, not their coop.

Thr brown girl was getting picked on, so there are some pecking wounds on her neck, and the black one just looks pissed off.

View attachment 1888578 View attachment 1888579

This happens to also be the farm I learned about Seramas from, ans the woman that runs it knows how much I love them. When I told her yesterday was my birthday, she offered this fella to me as a gift. I just could not pass him up. I guess it was colder in the car than I thought, once back outside his comb went to a nice bright red on top. For right now he's a bit of a jerk, but he lets me hold him, so there is plenty of room to work with him. I'd assume and hope it's just because I'm stranger.
View attachment 1888580

Nice! They're all great looking birds Trim. Happy Birthday too, what a great gift too.

View attachment 1888578 View attachment 1888579

View attachment 1888580

Congrats on the new NN's Trim and wow, what a nice b-day present (handsome rooster)!

Nice! They're all great looking birds Trim. Happy Birthday too, what a great gift too.
Thank you IM!
Congrats on the new NN's Trim and wow, what a nice b-day present (handsome rooster)!
Thanks NFC!
20190826_171400.jpg

@igorsMistress In that last pic of your's above, it look's like that NN is thinking about playing king of the hill on top of the waterer.
When the time comes I'd be more than happy to trade some hatching eggs. Those NN/Bresse sound like a great table bird.

Back
Top Bottom