I’m pretty sure 5/6 of the chicks are cockerels 😔 The white Nn is getting red in the wings and looks like a boy. The fully feathered cockerel has the mahogany and green and white on his body and wings, albeit not as prevalent as an SS, but his head is white; he’s also squeaky :gig He’s trying so hard to crow and Elvis is a huge jerk about it. So only the fully feathered black chick is a pullet, sigh. Stella has ditched them now for the most part and Elvis gives her a good chase every morning, poor girl. I collected eggs today, a couple of days worth, and think we have three laying. Hopefully we’re done with store eggs now!

What luck IM, sorry about all the boys.

:love Grammy did good
1A4AF729-C6C5-438B-A1FB-DCB294DF2462.jpeg

We had a nice day. The boy and family came over and the kids all played kids against maturity. Son and fiancé talked about their handfasting in October, I was asked to perform the ceremony :love It’ll be outside in Sedona in October so not too hot. They’ll go do the legal bit in Vegas the next day and party over the weekend with their friends. I’m so happy for them. Hope was with her mother today so she was missed, but we had fun and laughed a lot.
1E02CF60-43C7-4DE3-B256-3BBC7F241876.jpeg

We had a nice day. The boy and family came over and the kids all played kids against maturity. Son and fiancé talked about their handfasting in October, I was asked to perform the ceremony :love It’ll be outside in Sedona in October so not too hot. They’ll go do the legal bit in Vegas the next day and party over the weekend with their friends. I’m so happy for them. Hope was with her mother today so she was missed, but we had fun and laughed a lot.
View attachment 3358649

I've never heard of handfasting so had to read up about it...very cool! Wonderful family picture IM ❤️

Back
Top Bottom