What do you think IM? I plan to move these raspberry bushes into the chicken run. I've left it a bit late. If I get a large enough clod of earth around the roots moved with the do you think they will survive? I intend to put a fence around them to stop the chickens digging them up until they established themselves assuming they survive.
P4130770.JPG

What do you think IM? I plan to move these raspberry bushes into the chicken run. I've left it a bit late. If I get a large enough clod of earth around the roots moved with the do you think they will survive? I intend to put a fence around them to stop the chickens digging them up until they established themselves assuming they survive.
View attachment 3466394
I think they will do ok, but get as much of the roots as you can. I’ve never grown them but I’d give it a try regardless. I also think you should consider keeping them protected all the time. If you don’t the flock will eat it. Best case is you’ll get fruit from the top that the chickens can’t get to, and that only if the other birds don’t eat all the berries.

We have what we call the chicken line. Some plants have no leaves from as high as the chickens can reach to the ground. If the plant is ok that way I grow it as a small tree. Some things, like my lemon tree, have no flowers from as high as the chickens can JUMP because flowers are delisherous, but the leaves aren’t terribly appealing so they get no protection. Other plants wouldn’t still be around if they weren’t permanently protected by a cage.

Not yet. My husband's birthday is in June. I'm terrible with surprises, so I'll wait a few weeks. He will love it!
Super cool, I hope he does! My guy is under 50% shade cloth and still glows so you won’t have to leave him out in the sun to rot. There’s an opaque plastic inside that creates the glow.

Super cool, I hope he does! My guy is under 50% shade cloth and still glows so you won’t have to leave him out in the sun to rot. There’s an opaque plastic inside that creates the glow.
The oldest two grandkids, and I, bought a little solar dog at the dollar store about 15 years ago. The kids had a dollar each to contribute for Pop's birthday. They paid for it theirselves, and still had candy money left over.
That little dog finally quit glowing last summer. He still has it as yard art. I'll enjoy giving him something similar.

The oldest two grandkids, and I, bought a little solar dog at the dollar store about 15 years ago. The kids had a dollar each to contribute for Pop's birthday. They paid for it theirselves, and still had candy money left over.
That little dog finally quit glowing last summer. He still has it as yard art. I'll enjoy giving him something similar.
Look how sweet and innocent you are today in your avatar Janie, that’s a change for you :lau

Back
Top Bottom