Frog bottoms
20200404_150152.jpg
20200401_193931.jpg

My son getting help with his car
IMG_3677.jpg

No room at the inn
20200403_212811.jpg

The chicks are fully feathered and it looks like maybe a 50/50 split male to female. One I'm wobbling on so we'll see. I had decided to process the red girls but things are so depressing right now that neither of us has the heart. Maybe in another couple of weeks. Anyway, back to chicks. I'm going to let them out tomorrow. It'll be crummy weather in a couple of days but right now we're in the mid 80s. I still have the heat plate available for them and I know they still use it at night. Several have very tiny bow ties and nice bare chests :loveThere are only a couple that are all white, the rest have a bit of color here and there. I know they've been on the roost we put in, there's little bits of poop all over it. It's likely they fly up from the low roost or the food bucket. I'm using one of those galvanized feeders that can be filled from the top in that coop. When I had the meaties in there it went fast but not so much with these.

The bigs are doing well. Jr is a very easy going roo but somewhat jealous when I'm being followed with a bucket in my hand. It's difficult to treat him first when they crowd around so he gets a little huffy. He was a little aggressive one day so I made sure to wear pants when I went back out and ignored him. Punk. Lots of the girls were beginning to lay, he's young still and he had his hands full so I forgave him. It's obvious the red Nn is his favorite, she's looking a little rough. The buff girl is his second favorite. He spreads himself around at night though which cracks me up. He's quite the ladies man!

Back
Top Bottom