All 7 of the wee chicks are gone. Yay!! Now there’s just the AC cockerel to get rid of and I’m set for a while. I’ll tell ya, I took my life in my hands collecting those chicks from Cuckoo. She may never speak to me again and I think I’m going to need eyes in the back of my head whenever I go out there.

Glad it worked out ok!

All 7 of the wee chicks are gone. Yay!! Now there’s just the AC cockerel to get rid of and I’m set for a while. I’ll tell ya, I took my life in my hands collecting those chicks from Cuckoo. She may never speak to me again and I think I’m going to need eyes in the back of my head whenever I go out there.
Please don't get rid of the AC cockerel just yet... Do you have a way to build a breeding coop for him?

The mixes that are possible with the AC cockerel are way too much fun to just discard him.

Hint: I have black-eyed and toppy pullets out of a red-and-gray mutt rooster that looks to ppl like a Marans.

We have NO Ayam Cemani (or Atlantic City...or Svart Hona either), but we are working with the beautiful gray chickens that we have. This pullet has been chosen for egg-laying!
IMG_20200923_100807991.jpg

Please don't get rid of the AC cockerel just yet... Do you have a way to build a breeding coop for him?

The mixes that are possible with the AC cockerel are way too much fun to just discard him.

Hint: I have black-eyed and toppy pullets out of a red-and-gray mutt rooster that looks to ppl like a Marans.

We have NO Ayam Cemani (or Atlantic City...or Svart Hona either), but we are working with the beautiful gray chickens that we have. This pullet has been chosen for egg-laying!
View attachment 2345695
Beautiful bird!! I have an AC pullet, I think, also that I’m going to breed with my Turken roo. I only got the AC eggs to get a pullet or two to breed into my Turken flock. I don’t need the roo and hope he’ll find a home. Otherwise he’ll go in the stewpot for the dogs when he gets old enough to butcher.

Back
Top Bottom