I suppose it is. I ordered three more females just in case. They’ll be here the week of Jan 25. If Fig isn’t a drake then I can keep them all or sell 2. Honestly, I don’t think I want to have chickens and ducks at the same time so if Fig isn’t a drake I may just keep them all.

Will you be getting more of the same breed or trying a different duck?

Will you be getting more of the same breed or trying a different duck?
More fawn and white runners. I like them because they aren’t the popular color like blue and they don’t fly so it’ll be easy to keep them out of the food garden without building Fort Knox.

The new duck thing is they don’t want to go to bed, they think they’re going to stay in the pool all night instead. They know the pink bowl means greens and peas though, so they didn’t get any no matter how cute they were begging until dusk. When I walked past the pool carrying that bowl they followed me right into the coop. They reminded me of the raptors in Jurassic Park when they were fed the cow :gig

I think I’m done with the heavy stuff for today. Made one wall of the small planting bed before moving in 18 cubic feet of dirt this morning. Moved mulch to cover the bare stripe where the wall used to come off the patio, and had to redo some of the outer wall of the garden as well.
Before
849F993D-636D-4207-A85D-01501A259A29.jpeg
86739EC7-0639-437A-AC07-CCB42B286871.jpeg

after
822ED41A-0F68-4B20-8C86-A90B223215D1.jpeg
B7538337-7F4B-4B3B-9DA2-1D629A7DDD56.jpeg
5CDE6D56-69AD-448D-B39D-BF2AE8D7A7CD.jpeg

Didn’t spend a lot of time out with the ducks today, just long enough to water the garden. Really happy I didn’t pull the weeds in there, the bunnies are having those with some dill, parsley and part of a carrot top for dinner tonight. Probably a piece of banana also since, well, weeds. Ducks have peas and dill for their evening snack.

Hi IM! Wow big changes in the days I've been gone. Your garden area is looking great, all of that hard labor will pay off! And your ducklings, don't look like ducklings anymore...they have changed so much! I'm so glad that you're enjoying them so much...I was looking at ducks today...I was tempted, but I don't think my husband will go for it...at least not right now, we have to much going on! I am however getting a few new chicks!

Hi IM! Wow big changes in the days I've been gone. Your garden area is looking great, all of that hard labor will pay off! And your ducklings, don't look like ducklings anymore...they have changed so much! I'm so glad that you're enjoying them so much...I was looking at ducks today...I was tempted, but I don't think my husband will go for it...at least not right now, we have to much going on! I am however getting a few new chicks!
Hi Rene! I know, they’re for really ducks now lol. What breeds of chicks are you getting?

Hi Rene! I know, they’re for really ducks now lol. What breeds of chicks are you getting?
I'm going to get two Cream Legbars...I want to breed them to my FBCM roo and I was thinking about getting 1 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte and a Lavender Orpington, but I might wait on the last 2 as I want to get a Blue Andalusian per @N F C's suggestion for a beautiful white egg layer and you know how it is if you have to place an order, there is always a minimum!

Back
Top Bottom