New picture of Igor, IM.
It's hard to tell how massive he is, from the pic, but the big feet might give you an idea. He is about 15 weeks old and is almost as large as my brahma hens.
View attachment 3270089
So far he is a gentleman. No chasing or feather pulling.
He hasn't found his mistress just yet. I'm hoping one of the naked neck girls will find him charming.
How is Igor doing Janie? Does he have any girlfriends yet? Is it my imagination or does that guy have extra long legs on him?

How is Igor doing Janie? Does he have any girlfriends yet? Is it my imagination or does that guy have extra long legs on him?
Not your imagination. His feet are huge. So is his head. Like his father, he seems highly intelligent for a chicken.
He isn't breeding just yet. Probably any day. I think he is around 16 weeks now, but he has the slow growing brahma genes.
Here he is chatting with the bantam teens:
20221005_180307.jpg

His big feet:
20220924_184134.jpg

Not your imagination. His feet are huge. So is his head. Like his father, he seems highly intelligent for a chicken.
He isn't breeding just yet. Probably any day. I think he is around 16 weeks now, but he has the slow growing brahma genes.
Here he is chatting with the bantam teens:
View attachment 3282375
His big feet:
View attachment 3282380
Yeah, he’s a big boy! I imagine he’ll be interested in the girls soon if he’s around 16 weeks. Does he have competition from his dad for mates?

I’m not sure if Elvis has been mating the girls or not, but he has those long legs too. I think he’s a wee older than Igor.

Yeah, he’s a big boy! I imagine he’ll be interested in the girls soon if he’s around 16 weeks. Does he have competition from his dad for mates?

I’m not sure if Elvis has been mating the girls or not, but he has those long legs too. I think he’s a wee older than Igor.
He has competition from dad, and from 3 brothers too. So far no one is giving anyone else trouble. His dad keeps them all in line.
I rehomed some, but need to give away two more. They are all so handsome, it is hard to choose. I also have 4 bantam boys and a suspect. And. I have two broodies.

He has competition from dad, and from 3 brothers too. So far no one is giving anyone else trouble. His dad keeps them all in line.
I rehomed some, but need to give away two more. They are all so handsome, it is hard to choose. I also have 4 bantam boys and a suspect. And. I have two broodies.

You need more chickens in your life Janie :lol:

You’ve got your hands full! I sometimes just want a yard full of roosters, but I don’t think my neighbors would appreciate that much. I’m glad they’re all getting along ok so far. I hope you find homes for the rest too, I’m positive they’d go into someone’s cook pot around here. I’m sort of over that, but happy to have had the experience. I really have no idea what I’m going to do with chicks if we get any. I won’t have the heart to take them away until they’ve grown.

You’ve got your hands full! I sometimes just want a yard full of roosters, but I don’t think my neighbors would appreciate that much. I’m glad they’re all getting along ok so far. I hope you find homes for the rest too, I’m positive they’d go into someone’s cook pot around here. I’m sort of over that, but happy to have had the experience. I really have no idea what I’m going to do with chicks if we get any. I won’t have the heart to take them away until they’ve grown.
I'm lucky that we don’t have close neighbors. I'm sure they still hear them, because I hear others crowing occasionally. If they get too obnoxious, and they will, I'll seperate them from the girls. Goliath (the father) is still letting them hang around with him. He is pretty good about handling disputes.

Back
Top Bottom