Our weather is crazy, and I’m beginning to be concerned about summer temps. Although we’re supposed to have freezes tonight, we’re seeing 70 in the 7 day forecast. I just ordered some bamboo shades to hang outside in front of the sliding glass door and this weekend I’m getting Igor to figure out what we’re doing on the west patio. Since we put so much chicken poop in the planters I’m giving the two deepest until summer to cook and kill any pathogens in the manure before I plant. The shallower planter and three small ones can be planted in February with shallow root crops, then going to try the three sisters in the two tall beds and melons in the shallow bed in summer. I found instructions on how to DIY an evaporative cooler, thinking about having hubs make one for me so I can put it in the coop when the nights are hot. We need to revamp the coop a little bit before it gets hot too. And paint. Going to discuss that with the senior citizen this weekend also. It’s cool, damp and breezy here, but it’s not going to last.

Our weather is crazy, and I’m beginning to be concerned about summer temps. Although we’re supposed to have freezes tonight, we’re seeing 70 in the 7 day forecast. I just ordered some bamboo shades to hang outside in front of the sliding glass door and this weekend I’m getting Igor to figure out what we’re doing on the west patio. Since we put so much chicken poop in the planters I’m giving the two deepest until summer to cook and kill any pathogens in the manure before I plant. The shallower planter and three small ones can be planted in February with shallow root crops, then going to try the three sisters in the two tall beds and melons in the shallow bed in summer. I found instructions on how to DIY an evaporative cooler, thinking about having hubs make one for me so I can put it in the coop when the nights are hot. We need to revamp the coop a little bit before it gets hot too. And paint. Going to discuss that with the senior citizen this weekend also. It’s cool, damp and breezy here, but it’s not going to last.

I can understand wondering about the summer temps with seeing 70 already. Hope that's just an abnormality and temporary.

So is Igor's name now Senior? :lol:

I can understand wondering about the summer temps with seeing 70 already. Hope that's just an abnormality and temporary.

So is Igor's name now Senior? :lol:
Yes, he’s now the senior :gig
I have done a lot this last year to help with our microclimate but at this point I don’t think there’s much else I can add. I’m just hoping I don’t have any plants die off. We really need those trees back there.

Back
Top Bottom