Full crop in the morning.

Since I think she has impacted crop, I isolated her from food, but gave her water. As for the egg, no. She had been molting until about 1-2 weeks ago and still no eggs from her.

Could it be an internal parasite? Or egg bound?

She’s very slow, feels lighter then usual, had the wet poops, the un-emptying crop, and maybe even some poopy back vent feathers.
also, her crop seems softer but still big. Maybe because she’s only drank water? Anyways when am I supposed to fell start clearing?
Do not withhold food and water. Only give her her food and plain fresh water.
I would treat for sour crop, also give her the coconut oil and massage too.

Do not withhold food and water. Only give her her food and plain fresh water.
I would treat for sour crop, also give her the coconut oil and massage too.
Why give her the food?

Also I don’t think she has so crop, because you would be able to smell it right?

There is one other thing I’ve heard of, could it be Pendulous Crop? I was gonna make her a crop bra and see if helped over night?

Why give her the food?

Also I don’t think she has so crop, because you would be able to smell it right?

There is one other thing I’ve heard of, could it be Pendulous Crop? I was gonna make her a crop bra and see if helped over night?
Crop bra helped one of my older hens a lot. I found it hard to make one on my own but I bought one online and it made a lot of difference.

Why give her the food?

When was the last time she ate?
Check her crop in the morning again and see it it empties.
Pendulous crop is a possibility.

When was the last time she ate?
Check her crop in the morning again and see it it empties.
Pendulous crop is a possibility.
Hey okay so I take back what I said, I just got a batter chance to smell her beak, ad it smelled foul. How do I treat sour crop?

This is the treatment for sour crop from the article I gave you a link to.

I advise against trying to make your chicken vomit because it may cause them to aspirate the sour liquid. Besides, it's very unpleasant for your hen, and she may hate you if you do it. (Curiously, most sour crop victims are hens.)

Nystatin is the best treatment for yeast infections, but it requires a prescription. Or you can try to locate medistatin which is for birds and doesn't require a prescription.

The easiest (and cheapest) to obtain yeast treatment, though, is miconazole, found on the women's hygiene shelf in the pharmacy. You can use either the suppositories or the vaginal cream. Measure a quarter inch of suppository or about half an inch of cream and give orally twice a day for seven days. Do not stop treatment before the full seven days are completed or the yeast may return.

You may see different strengths of miconazole, 2% or 4%, and wonder which to get. Either strength is fine. I prefer the 2% cream myself for economic reasons. The treatment with either strength is the same, twice and day for a full seven days.

Following treatment for sour crop, offer plenty of plain fresh water and boiled egg to get the crop operating again. I like to also give a probiotic or Greek yogurt to restore good microbes in crop and intestines.

You can also buy Apple Cider Vinegar with garlic added in, which naturally has antifungal properties. I put it in my chickens' water once or twice a week as a preventative measure.

You can also buy Apple Cider Vinegar with garlic added in, which naturally has antifungal properties. I put it in my chickens' water once or twice a week as a preventative measure.
I’m currently doing a garlic water, Greek yogurt, and scrambled egg regiment: byhttps://oakabode.com/sour-crop-home-treatment-instructions/

I’m really praying this works, because I’m worried about her. Also how do you isolate a chicken outdoors? I just put her in my other older coop, on plain dirt and not grass (so she wouldn’t eat grass) and added clean fresh hay to the nesting part.

This is the treatment for sour crop from the article I gave you a link to.

I advise against trying to make your chicken vomit because it may cause them to aspirate the sour liquid. Besides, it's very unpleasant for your hen, and she may hate you if you do it. (Curiously, most sour crop victims are hens.)

Nystatin is the best treatment for yeast infections, but it requires a prescription. Or you can try to locate medistatin which is for birds and doesn't require a prescription.

The easiest (and cheapest) to obtain yeast treatment, though, is miconazole, found on the women's hygiene shelf in the pharmacy. You can use either the suppositories or the vaginal cream. Measure a quarter inch of suppository or about half an inch of cream and give orally twice a day for seven days. Do not stop treatment before the full seven days are completed or the yeast may return.

You may see different strengths of miconazole, 2% or 4%, and wonder which to get. Either strength is fine. I prefer the 2% cream myself for economic reasons. The treatment with either strength is the same, twice and day for a full seven days.

Following treatment for sour crop, offer plenty of plain fresh water and boiled egg to get the crop operating again. I like to also give a probiotic or Greek yogurt to restore good microbes in crop and intestines.
They can safely ingest miconazole??

Back
Top Bottom