Full Moon Egg Setting Who wants to join?

I candled mine on day 7 (Thursday) and out of 12 shipped eggs (Black Australorps) I have 10 that look good and 1 maybe...unfortunately I dropped one and it broke open...there was a small brown blob in it, so I'm wondering if it would have been a good one too....so sad
sad.png

they were all set on 11/11/11.

Quote:
BIllie Joe are these your own, or shipped or????? Just curious.

Billiejo you must have a very gentle mail system. I'm so glad yours are growing strong. I'm pretty sure mine went through 3 sorts before arriving at my house. All of my silkies had very bad air sacs.
Michele

2 more quiters on day 10. Now down to 32 out of 40. And guess what the 2 quiters were from my own flock. Do I mention the breeders name who saved my butt and her eggs are still going strong? Hell yes! Hot2Pot, thank you!

Eggs didn't arrive at the PO today
sad.png
. I called twice: 7:45am and 1 ish; talked to Fred, fortunately. Mailed THursday--seller thinks 3-5days to arrive. Barely in time to set by TUesday. Second set of eggs shipped today. Maybe make it byTuesday.
fl.gif

Fortunately both sellers have pretty good rates of hatching for shipped eggs; but still I need every star aligned my first time with shipped eggs!!!

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

So how is everyone coming along? I think my silkies will be a no go. But I'm holding out hope for a few. I'm going to not candle the silkies till day 18, hopefully the air sacs will settle some. D'Uccle eggs are doing get.

Quote:
BIllie Joe are these your own, or shipped or????? Just curious.

Billiejo you must have a very gentle mail system. I'm so glad yours are growing strong. I'm pretty sure mine went through 3 sorts before arriving at my house. All of my silkies had very bad air sacs.
Michele

They are all shipped...I guess the USPS was being kind!!! They all came across the country and I about fainted when the mail lady delivered them to me...as she was tossing the boxes on the seat next to her asking me "What kinda eggs did you buy??"
ep.gif
The last group I set were shipped...none of them even developed...nothing, nada...from a very good and reputable breeder...I'm pretty sure they got scrambled by the post office!

I am coming to the conclusion that postal workers can't read. I got a box the other day marked "LIVE ANIMALS" . What does the lady do with it? Leaves it on the hood of my truck in 38 degree temps! Then I took some boxes with FRAGILE PERISHABLE marked on every side. The person at the po asks me , anything fragile or perishable? Duh

Back
Top Bottom