fun, quirky, and cute names.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ducklover700, May 28, 2012.

1. ducklover700

ducklover700 Songster

Mar 26, 2012
    Utah
    That's awesome. I get enough funny looks from my own family, I couldn't imagine what the public would react like! It sounds like your duck had a lot of fun though, and i'm glad your vet took such good care of her. That makes me wonder why people think a duck would be such a weird pet...other people keep spiders and snakes for heaven sake. [​IMG]

2. ducklover700

ducklover700 Songster

Mar 26, 2012
    Utah
    Well, it's like, why would we buy them, and put time, and care into them if we weren't going to provide them with what they need when they're sick, or hurt? If we just let them pass away when we can prevent them from doing so, what would be the point in getting them to begin with. I'd do just about anything for my Swedish!

This reminds me of a few days ago; I had Blue Belle out in the big kid pool, keeping an eye on her because the sides of the pool are tall and she can't quite climb out of it on her own when she suddenly goes very quiet. If anyone knows this duck, they know she's never quiet! she's so talkative, so when she does you know something is weird. I watched her for a second, and realized that she was trying to look at something up in the sky...she had her head cocked side ways so she could see it. So I look up and... I don't see anything. I started to try to get her attention back on her pool when I spotted a hawk circling our property! I snatched Blue up quickly, and took her in the house before she could even quack. I found out afterwards that there were actually two hawks circling our house, and fortunately they decided our chickens were too big for an easy meal....luckily the bantams were put away!

3. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Songster

Mar 28, 2012
    Actually, I don't really have ducks those names, but I have baby mallards so I will name them those names.[​IMG]

4. ducklover700

ducklover700 Songster

Mar 26, 2012
    Utah
    ah, gotcha

5. Hellinahelmet

Hellinahelmet In the Brooder

Apr 23, 2012
    Georgia
    [​IMG]

^ Meet Noodles.

6. catchthewind

catchthewind Songster

Jan 27, 2011
    Vancouver Island
    We just got some baby ducks today. They were supposed to go under a broody hen but she wouldn't take to them so they are being raised in the house now. (My poor husband!) My four year old named them. There is a yellow one who is her favourite and she named her/him Ming-Ming. The other four don't have set names yet, but she has varied between Daisy, Rosie, Peach, Duck, Dash, and Cassius. I really like Whimsy and Karma from this thread, so may suggest those for two of them. Or we have two chocolate and yellow ones so maybe I'll suggest chocolate bar names (Camino and Kit Kat, hehe).

7. ducklover700

ducklover700 Songster

Mar 26, 2012
    Utah
    Before I even had my ducks I knew that I wanted to name one of my females Whimsy. Its just one of those names I loved! And Karma is a bit of a crazy filly, but she's fun too. Id vote for those names! Not that I'm biased or anything. [​IMG]

My sister has two goats, one of them she ended up naming Twix. :)

8. Lovechickens43

Lovechickens43 Hatching

Mar 20, 2013
    My Ducks are named, Juno, D.J, Piper, Taylor, Ebony, and Sasha!! Go ahead and use my names, I dont really care!! :)

9. ilive4him93

ilive4him93 In the Brooder

Mar 22, 2014
    NE Alabama
    Just ordered 5 chocolate indian runners and can't wait! Going to name them when I see there personalities.
    The polish hen in my profile picture her name is Brain (Via my brother lol) she is my absolute favorite! Soo sweet. She was attacked by dogs when she was 8weeks tore her back open I was so scared she wasn't going to make it but I have an awesome friendship with my local vet thank goodness! He stapled her up and 1month later she's as good as new! Lays an egg every day and always meets me at the coop door!:love

10. Mama Ducker

Mama Ducker In the Brooder

Oct 17, 2013
    Southern NH
    We have 6 mallards, Mr. Green Jeans, Scout, Buttercup, My Girl, Laverne, Shirley. Our Pekins names are Sunshine and Boomer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: