Ended Funny Chicken Name Contest - Win 60 lbs of Grubbly Layer Feed From GrubblyFarms

Pics
Meghan Sparkle, Duchess of Windrift
(But she dropped her royal title and just goes by Meghan now.

Attachments

• 403D0052-A57D-4756-878E-95A6CAEFC1DA.jpeg
    403D0052-A57D-4756-878E-95A6CAEFC1DA.jpeg
    380.4 KB · Views: 4
Oh boy, do I have names and stories! ( they really need these grubbles)
Punk Rocket was buff laced polish roo I had, I had a hard time catching him because he'd rocket around the brooder! I wanted something with a punk rock name, this is probably my favorite naming.

C.C. is short for Conspiratorial Chicken, a porcelain d'Uccle. My co-workers actually named this one, they said I needed a white chicken to pet in a conspiratorial way, like the villain in James Bond, the one with the white cat. I got C.C. after this. He was a really sweet rooster.

I have a Giant Partridge Cochin roo, who elicits comments like, "What is THAT?" He went through several names (Razzle Dazzle), because I thought he was a she (was sold as a she), and settled on Gallumph, because he is so big and silly when he runs.

Truffle is my Partidge cochin mom of a chick with Gallumph, I named the chick Truffalumph. I'll name the second one Razzle Dazzle, because I really like that name. Hopefully it is a pullet this time! :)

Choo-Choo is my husband's sassy and cuddly buff orpington. Hubby likes trains and got obsessed with the Geico commercial with the buff orpington riding in the box car. I told him that now we had to get him his own chicken. He was trying to call her Box Car/ Boxy, and I told him that didn't really work for her, and I named her Choo-Choo. *lol*

Buggaboo was my sweet crevecouer, she'd gotten lymphoma at 5 weeks old and that made her poor eyes bug out ( and eventually she went blind). Sadly, I wasn't able to help her, and had to have put her to sleep.

Beepboop and Chimay are Belgian quail d'Anvers, Chimay is a brand of Belgian beer ( Husband was responsible for that name).

Trexy is my Silver Spangled Hamburg, named after t-rex ( and she will take a chunk out of you if you pester her when she is laying an egg!)

Geeze Louise is my Golden Lakenvelder, named after there was a kerfuffle in the brooder "Geeze Louise, what is going on in there?!"

Spoon is a 6 yo black Australorp of my mom's. I was talking about her with my mom, "She is that one black Australorp chicken..." and all of a sudden my mom just goes "SPOON". She had been thinking about a spoon she'd wanted another of. Obviously not paying attention to important Chicken Discussion I was trying to have with her. *lol*

Smidge (Smidgen) was a sweet little silver seabright, she was so little "just a smidge"There is a brand of sugar named "Smidge and Spoon" that makes me think of those two chickens every time.

Hopalong Cassidy was a light brown dutch x silver seabright cross.

Flash Golden was a little gold seabright that I could never catch. (Think Flash Gordon)
Twinkletoes is a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte.
Lowrider is my sweet black Japanese bantam, her legs are so short!
Vicegrip is my gold laced cochin bantam roo.
Digger is my olive egger, my mom named her that because she was always seeming to be digging!

Maitake/ Mushroom was a dark brahma bantam hen we had, "maitake" is a mushroom, it means "Hen of the Woods".

Disco is my mom's bantam white crested black polish.

Fig is my french black copper marans that my brother ended up naming somehow, I was talking about the chicken, and he was talking about something else. :D

Twiggy was another black Aurtralorp of my moms, I named her that because she was out 'helping" me whrn I was moving a bunch of branches/twigs that had fallen from the tree. I thought it was funny to name her after a super model too, and she was all round and fluffy.

Toepicker is my Penedesenca roo, when I first put him in the brooder he ran around like crazy and would grab the other chick's toes and pull them off the heat plate! Thank goodness he calmed down.

Moonpie AKA, I Don't Remember That Chicken, is a little silver/grey bantam EE. My husband told me " I don't remember that chicken" about three times when he saw her on different days.

Rusty Hinge is my beautiful wheaten EE, she sounds like a rusty hinge.

Ruckus is my frizzle bantam cochin x buff laced polish cross. Ruckus hatched a day earlier than the rest of the eggs, so I was holding it a lot. Well, even after Pinball hatched out and Ruckus had a "sibling", she would still holler for me! And jump up to try and see me over the brooder wall.
Pinball was named that because when they were running around that is what she reminded me of, she is a pure partridge cochin , and they are very fluffy and round.

Bumblebee is another really fluffy and round chick.
I am sure I missed one or two!

Chew-bock-a
Chick-ira
Cluck Kent
Darth Egger
Big Bird

Ready to win your flock farm-fresh layer feed and locally-grown grubs? 🐔🇺🇸 You’ll get 60 lbs of Grubbly Layer Feed, naturally-balanced with insects and plants. PLUS 5 pounds of Grubblies, a healthy snack with 50x more calcium than mealworms! Details to enter below:

✓ Comment below a funny name for a chicken
✓ Must be a resident of the USA
✓ Winner announced on 7/8. Good c’luck!

View attachment 2178347
Grubbly Farms is committed to raising the bar on the way we feed our fluffy ones, using nutrient-rich, farm-grown grubs.

Nourish your flock the natural way with
Grubbly Farms’ feed and Grubblies Snacks!

✓ Farm-Fresh and Delivered Free
✓ Stronger Eggshells and Fluffy Feathers
✓ They’ll come running!

Learn more here!
Roofus, Cootie & Dang

Back
Top Bottom