Funny cross

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by pbjmaker, Jun 18, 2009.

1. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Crowing

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    what do you get when you cross a showgirl with a d'uccle ( I know you all are constantly thinking about this)

A Mr. Whiskers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Crowing

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    How funny and cute all at the same time! [​IMG]

3. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Deanner03

Deanner03 The Cake Queen

Ok, it has to be said...it kind of reminds me of a bulldog...so ugly it's cute! [​IMG]

5. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    how cute! [​IMG]

6. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Crowing

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I'll have to go get a picture of "Furby" - a little chick that just hatched this week. He is black with grey eyebrows sticking up and white whiskers on his chin - of course he is a NN.

7. lovemychix

lovemychix Songster

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I love it. I'd take that one in a minute!!!!!
    I've got 5 broodys with the eggs from our coop. If you check out my siggy you can see my breeds. It's going to be interesting. [​IMG]

8. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Crowing

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Quote:I might just let you have him (or her - not sure yet)
    I just like the surprises. There is one in the newest group that is completely blonde and then there is this guy...

Here is "Furby":

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Songster

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Quote:You sure it's a silkie x d'uccle? It has no hint of d'uccle, plus it's got silkie feathering...if it did have a d'uccle parent, it wasn't pure since it was carrying the silkie gene. It's prolly just a sg x silkie. Very cute though.

10. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Crowing

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Yes - am pretty sure - I think that is where the white tufts coming out of the sides of its head are from. It's right where the d'uccle beard would start. Plus it is blue and red - all of my cochins are blue, my silkies are blue, and they have been mostly infertile so far. The d'uccles are the only laying birds I have that would have that color. But I make no gaurantees. It was just an educated guess.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: