Gabbard Farms??

I would not give them bad feedback just because you didn't have a good hatch. You rarely get good hatches when you ship eggs across the country. Your best bet is to order some eggs from a local breeder thats in a close state to you or find a local breeder that you can drive to and pick up the eggs.

I had the same problem with their Marans eggs. They were marked one thing and something totally different hatched out. Again, I've had great luck with Bargain's eggs, including her Marans.

A total waste of money and time. I too seem to have poor results from their eggs.
36 eggs= 3 chicks . Cracked open the duds and no discernable signs of fertility.
Naturally they "make no guarentees" but they have my money. I emailed them detailing the less than 50% hatch rate and got no reply . I will not do business with them again.

I just incubated 13 Wheaten Amerecauna eggs from there, and only one chick hatched. It's dark, dark gray and silver, so I am not sure what I have.

I sent Julie Gabbard an email this evening asking her what color the chick should be.

Awaiting response...

I ordered a dozen Hamburg eggs before New Years- six blues and six Silver Spangles. The eggs arrived 1/2/13 and into the incubator they went (after they rested for a few hours to stabilize.) I am extremely fastidious about record keeping during incubation- temp, humidity, when I turned. I keep a candling log of how everyone looks and is progressing. And I keep everything clean, clean, CLEAN.

After doing my research, I believe some of the eggs were damaged during shipping (detached or scrambled air sacs.) That happens. Other eggs showed signs of bacterial contamination at early stages. Bottom line is that out of the 16 eggs I received (extras included) not one hatched.

I am currently running two incubators and the eggs that came from TX (farther away, as we are in VT) and were left in the COLD garage by the postman, are showing a +75% fertility rate and developing wonderfully. So I don't believe it's ME. I have contacted Julie about my disappointing batch of eggs and we'll see what she says. From reviews and talking with others who have ordered from Gabbard, I wonder if it is worth trying another clutch of eggs from there or if I should look else where.

*Please do not mistake this as a smear on Gabbard. I was aware of the risks in ordering hatching eggs thru the mail. Julie has responded to my emails and I *hope* there will be some resolution. I just want to share my experience.*

Her hatch rates aren't the best, but I got around a 70% hatch from the Blue Orpingtons I got from her, and the birds are absolutley stunning. They have very nice poofy skirts, and the eggs had a truly pink cast, not just light brown. So my experience with them was positive. But looking at the other reviews, it seems like ordering from them is something of a gamble.

Back
Top Bottom