Gaggle of Chinese Ostracizing a Roman Tufted - Help!

Posting pix of her left eye - a stray feather pokes out and is slightly swollen. Maybe nothing?

Last edited:
These were stuck inside her nares. Few more came out with mucus. Could be the reason for her sinus blockage and discomfort? Administering antibiotics and ACV in water. Thank you all for you help.

Not to make light of the situation but she is hacking and sounds like the dinosaurs from Jurassic Park and her sinus sounds like a clogged drain. The foxtails blocked in her nostrils could be unrelated? I have Vetericyn spray and Tetra-Vet 10 on hand. Are these safe to administer to her?

This morning she is standing and using the bucket to dunk her beak and drinking! Safe to add salt to her water?
I'd spray the Veterycin in her eyes and nostrils it is safe to use both places.

These were stuck inside her nares. Few more came out with mucus. Could be the reason for her sinus blockage and discomfort? Administering antibiotics and ACV in water. Thank you all for you help.

That is amazing how in the world did she get those in those small nostrils and yes give her the the tetracycline is she drinking a good bit of water?

Last edited:
No don't put salt in the water hahaha they would never like water again. If she is dunking her head in the water then that's a sign of getting better.
I think she was sick before you even got her,the place where you got your geese is just a weird
1f602.png

Last edited:
Poor goose is going through horror at the moment but it will be all good
1f44c.png

If only you lived in Ireland I would have had a gander for you for free.

How frequently should I spray the Vetericyn?

Those horridly decaying material scared me. She is drinking a little of the ACV water and dunking her beak once in a while.
Not eating anything since she's gasping the whole time.

How frequently should I spray the Vetericyn?

Those horridly decaying material scared me. She is drinking a little of the ACV water and dunking her beak once in a while.
Not eating anything since she's gasping the whole time.
When you feel along her neck can you feel any kind of obstruction? Now casportpony would recc. tube feeding since she isn't eating, have you ever done anything like that before? If you think that maybe something you would want to try I can get you the info. I've never done it.
If she is dunking her head then i wouldn;t spray the Veterycin till you take her water away at bedtime or she is just washing it all off. That stuff is too expensive to be washed off.

Oh, thank you servpolice! Your encouraging words mean a lot. I can't stand her being in so much pain. Wish I were in beautiful Ireland, too. I see you have a beautiful African pair roaming amid emerald greens; a far cry from the arid high desert of California. Still, this is home and I find beauty in the mundane.

Miss Lydia I couldn't palpate any obstructions or see anything with a flashlight. I haven't tube fed before, but would like to find out how. Appreciate the suggestion for Vetericyn use - yes, it does cost a chunk of money. She stopped dunking since afternoon and is coughing up phlegm. I am checking in on her between taking care of my elderly mom - so the posts are a bit delayed.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom