Game Cube or DS for a 4 year old?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by McCord6, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My mother emailed me saying that she found a good price for a Game Cube and a Ninetendo DS that she would like to get my 4 year old son for Xmas. She asked me first for permission before actually getting it. Im not sure though if I should allow it. He does have a PS2 but with that he has a pre-school game called "Konami Kids Playground" which is educational.

Should I allow my mom to get one or the other for him? She is leaning closer to getting him the DS Lite then the Game Cube.

2. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    The DS has educational games as well and it's portable and easy to take along on road trips [​IMG]

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I didn't have any sort of video games until I was 6 or 7, but I would say a Nintendo DS would probably be a better choice, since he already has a PS2. A gamecube is practically the same thing. Nintendo DS is portable and much different from a PS2.

4. His PS2 had a mat instead of controllers. OFC we have controllers because Hubby keeps stealing the PS2 from the poor boy! He learned his ABCs from that game.

5. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    game cube IMO because of the availability of games and price. The DS is small and portable true...... but a 4 year old would appreciate not loosing it [​IMG]

Mine was 4 or 5 when he got his. Being stuck at home, we used it as a tool to help him learn to read and do math.

6. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    How about a leapster or a vsmile? These are made for kids his age, much more durable and educational. My daughter loves her vsmile, has dropped it many times, on cement, pavement, etc and it still works great! Only problem with vsmile is the games are rated up to age 6 and she is outgrowing hers, so we may go to a ds. I think the leapster has games that go to a higher age, might want to check into that.

7. ebwy

ebwy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2009
    UK
    gamecube games are getting hard to find now...

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I have 7 kids. Believe me...

GET THE DS.

9. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    Another vote for the DS... we have almost all the systems.......... Better educational games on the DS and it's portable.

10. gottalovemychickens

gottalovemychickens SaveAChickenRideACowboy

Get the DS !!!!

So much easier to use and yes the games are great to learn different things , im 23 and getting rid of my DS because im to old lol. I play computer games

Ive only used my DS once hehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by