Gapeworm---- any experts out there?

Bedste

Songster
10 Years
Aug 17, 2009
Cut n Shoot Texas
I feel so stupid...... auuuggghhh.. My chickens have been walking around with their mouths opens for weeks.... before I noticed the ones that sound rattly and stuff..... It sounds like gapeworm. I found one girl dead already so I need to find out what to do quickly. The mouths being open like they can not breath I THOUGHT was because of the HEAT.... but if you combine that with them stretching their throats out and wheezing..... OMG What can I do? If I find a treatment will I still be able to incubate the eggs.. I know not to eat them... Suggestions>?

Quote:
In your other post I answered this with doses and type. Look at your original post. Are they head shaking? That is another sign of gape. Is there alot of mucous? If so I would not think it's gape worm.

no mucous at all..... I think it was gapeworm cuz everyone sounds better and I am not seeing anyone stretch their necks or shake their heads. I also do not hear any rattling anymore. I did not know that GAPEWORM could kill...... and suffocate or sound so raspy.... No one sounds congested anymore..... so I think I was thinking it was respatory but I am relived that it was gapeworm....and treatable

Back
Top Bottom