Garden vs. Irene! garden losses!

rgph2007

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 7, 2011
As some folks are aware, Vermont was hit very hard by Irene. more than 30 communities are literally cut off and many people have lost thier homes and livelyhoods. Vermont farmers have lost countless acers of crops. I personnally lost my garden. But hey it's only a garden. On a lighter note, I bring this up here because one mans loss is two turkeys and a pigs gain. My turkeys,chickens and nieghbors pig have seen to it that little will go to waist. Simply out of fear for thier health I still limit what they eat. Treats are nice but like my kids they can only have so much. My daughter thinks its funny when I tell Turk and Lurk to stop eating thier vegies. Anyway I just wanted to share this with like minded folks.

My thoughts are with you both. I can't imagine how hard it must be to rebuild after such events and loss.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Y'all are flooded and we are burning up! The wild fires here in East Texas are getting close. The air is so smokey everywhere, it looks like thick fog and everybody has a sore throat. Send us some rain, we are 30" behind!

Back
Top Bottom