they just need watered everyday or they shrivel
Totally agree on the daily watering.:thumbsup I have them both in the sun locations as well as shade locations on my patio. If I miss a watering , both the sunny as well as the shady ones shrivel. The sunny ones probably slightly sooner.

I had some once on the west side of the apartment building many years back. Looked dead every afternoon when I got home from work but managed to recover when watered. I think they would have preferred some afternoon shade.
This is only my experience;;; I have them growing in both sun and shade.. All are watered at same time and all get same fertilizing regimen. Those in the sun (like in my pix) are way taller than their counterparts in the shade. (still beautiful, just shorter/smaller plants) They are from same stock that I purchased and planted into the different pots.

Switching gears now. I purchased this Miracle grow potting soil.
US-Miracle-Gro-Moisture-Control-Potting-Mix-75551300-Extra01-Xlg.png

It has the Moisture Control built in. I,,,,,,,,,,,,,, am NOT HAPPY WITH IT. I also read customer reviews and from approximately 80 positive reviews, there were also about 7 negative reviews. I agreed with what was written in those negative reviews. All seemed to have similar results as I. My flowers just were struggling and not thriving as I expected them to. :idunno
Last year I also used Miracle grow potting mix, BUT IT WAS NOT THE MOISTURE CONTROL FORMULA.
I liked my results last year.

I retired the rest of my bag (moisture control formula) and purchased a different brand potting mix WITHOUT MOISTURE CONTROL.
So far,,,,,,,,,,, I am happy with the way it seems to be working... :thumbsup

Totally agree on the daily watering.:thumbsup I have them both in the sun locations as well as shade locations on my patio. If I miss a watering , both the sunny as well as the shady ones shrivel. The sunny ones probably slightly sooner.

This is only my experience;;; I have them growing in both sun and shade.. All are watered at same time and all get same fertilizing regimen. Those in the sun (like in my pix) are way taller than their counterparts in the shade. (still beautiful, just shorter/smaller plants) They are from same stock that I purchased and planted into the different pots.

Switching gears now. I purchased this Miracle grow potting soil.
US-Miracle-Gro-Moisture-Control-Potting-Mix-75551300-Extra01-Xlg.png

It has the Moisture Control built in. I,,,,,,,,,,,,,, am NOT HAPPY WITH IT. I also read customer reviews and from approximately 80 positive reviews, there were also about 7 negative reviews. I agreed with what was written in those negative reviews. All seemed to have similar results as I. My flowers just were struggling and not thriving as I expected them to. :idunno
Last year I also used Miracle grow potting mix, BUT IT WAS NOT THE MOISTURE CONTROL FORMULA.
I liked my results last year.

I retired the rest of my bag (moisture control formula) and purchased a different brand potting mix WITHOUT MOISTURE CONTROL.
So far,,,,,,,,,,, I am happy with the way it seems to be working... :thumbsup
x2
My experience with the moisture control products is that they do hold the moisture but they also make it hard for the plants to take advantage of that moisture. It only took trying one bag to convince me to never use it again.

don't know about the rest of y'all but i'm about cucumbered, tomato and salad to death, i admit i had to reseed for lettuce and its just come up, but everything else is going strong including the beans, who am i kidding, i love the cucumbers, tomato's and onions mixed together without the lettuce:yesss::drool hope everyone is doing fine and getting lots of veggies and flowers (for the soul)

:thumbsup:ya:frow Hey Sharron
I’ll be right over for some! I didn’t plant much this year because I had back surgery. My chickens did a lot of digging so I mostly did repair work from last winter. I HAD to plant something lol. Beets, sweet potatoes some dill and cilantro. That’s about all I could handle. Oh yeah one tomato plant on my patio. So roll some of that goodness in my direction.

:thumbsup:ya:frow Hey Sharron
I’ll be right over for some! I didn’t plant much this year because I had back surgery. My chickens did a lot of digging so I mostly did repair work from last winter. I HAD to plant something lol. Beets, sweet potatoes some dill and cilantro. That’s about all I could handle. Oh yeah one tomato plant on my patio. So roll some of that goodness in my direction.
i'll put the light on and make a bed
i'm sorry that you didn't get to play in the garden much this year but what you planted sounds nice:thumbsup
the cucumbers got ahead of me and i gave a friend about ten lbs of them with enough to take a bunch to the auction and still had enough for us for a week(using 2 a day) right now tomatoes are going to waste cause we can't eat all of them and i've already made tomato soup like my mil taught me, now waiting for my red tomatoes to come on so i can can whole tomatoes, since its just husband and myself i don't can like i use to but still like canning for us, for me theres nothing like hearing the jars pinging as they cool.

i'll put the light on and make a bed
i'm sorry that you didn't get to play in the garden much this year but what you planted sounds nice:thumbsup
the cucumbers got ahead of me and i gave a friend about ten lbs of them with enough to take a bunch to the auction and still had enough for us for a week(using 2 a day) right now tomatoes are going to waste cause we can't eat all of them and i've already made tomato soup like my mil taught me, now waiting for my red tomatoes to come on so i can can whole tomatoes, since its just husband and myself i don't can like i use to but still like canning for us, for me theres nothing like hearing the jars pinging as they cool.
Tomatoes is what I miss the most. Canning is something I what to learn now that I’m retired. I freeze mine. Make tons of sauce. I love it so much I could probably brush my teeth with it!!! :lau Thanks for leaving the lights on....I’ll bring cheesecake !!!

Tomatoes is what I miss the most. Canning is something I what to learn now that I’m retired. I freeze mine. Make tons of sauce. I love it so much I could probably brush my teeth with it!!! :lau Thanks for leaving the lights on....I’ll bring cheesecake !!!
:thumbsup
i would love to make my own sauce, i like to can, its hot work but taste so much better than anything you can buy in the store. my mil taught me and believe me what she didn't know wasn't worth knowing, at least about canning and northern cooking, my momma taught me southern cooking and slowly but surely my husband loves anything i cook:lol:

Back
Top Bottom