I love my steam juicer and outdoor stove... Two years ago, I made vegetable juice, a lot of the same ingredients that are in V-8, but with Italian herbs and a touch of heat. I use it when ever I have a recipe that calls for vegetable stock. And it's good served cold in a glass... But the real kicker is I take the left overs out of the juicer and run them through the food mill and get a really nice Italian sauce.

Can anyone help me identify this plant? It's wild with some sort of fruit on it...
IMG_0878.JPG IMG_0879.JPG IMG_0880.JPG IMG_0881.JPG IMG_0882.JPG

I bought one of those pickling crocks from Germany. Another retirement project. Made sauerkraut one time so far....too salty. It’s a old world art. Even canning. So many of us baby boomers missed out on what Grandma could of taught us. At least for me, It skipped a generation. Funny now that everyone’s concered with healthy food, it’s on the come back. I enjoy the whole process. From the ground up.

I love my steam juicer and outdoor stove... Two years ago, I made vegetable juice, a lot of the same ingredients that are in V-8, but with Italian herbs and a touch of heat. I use it when ever I have a recipe that calls for vegetable stock. And it's good served cold in a glass... But the real kicker is I take the left overs out of the juicer and run them through the food mill and get a really nice Italian sauce.
that sounds really good, i]ve never heard of a steam juicer tho, who makes it? i do have a food mill, its what i use for plain ole tomato juice, we drink v8 spicy here, no plain v8 since they came out with the spicy

I bought one of those pickling crocks from Germany. Another retirement project. Made sauerkraut one time so far....too salty. It’s a old world art. Even canning. So many of us baby boomers missed out on what Grandma could of taught us. At least for me, It skipped a generation. Funny now that everyone’s concered with healthy food, it’s on the come back. I enjoy the whole process. From the ground up.
i'm a baby boomer, grandparents were gone when i came along but husbands mother was only in her sixties when we married and she learned on the farm growing up and i learned from her, we made sauerkraut every fall, it was family affair, still have her crock pot and stomper, its a big crock too, holds about 60 or so quarts, mom always sent husband and fil out to the garden to find just the right limestone rock to hold the kruat down in the juice under a big plate

Back
Top Bottom