Zone 5 update:gig:lau,,,,,,, well that is not needed, we all know its HOT. Took some pix of my container grown plants, and flowers. Some garden pix as well. We had a good dose of precipitation due to Barry, so the rain was welcomed here. :thumbsup
Lillies doing well.
View attachment 1850489 View attachment 1850490 View attachment 1850491 Hostas doing well, but not yet blooming.
View attachment 1850492 I purchased a couple rose bushes. They were discounted 50% so I just could not say no to myself:ya
View attachment 1850493 Black eyed Susan starting to bloom. I have them in 2 areas of garden.
View attachment 1850494 Another daylilly
View attachment 1850495
These are my Blackberries. The plants died back due to severe cold snap during winter. All this new growth looks good, but new growth does not bear fruit first year. View attachment 1850496 Container planted 2 types/kinds of rhubarb. Cages are to prevent my chickens from snacking on the growth. I will transplant into garden ground when these grow out. Both were from seeds.
View attachment 1850497 View attachment 1850498 Container grow 4 containers of sorrel. Cages keep chickens out to a point. They nibble anything that grows out of cage. :barnie

View attachment 1850499 My dill is doing so so. Earlier in growing, squirrels got in and devastated the tiny sprouts:hit,, Still :love those tree rats, so I forgave them:)
View attachment 1850500 All my geranium hanging baskets, I save from year to year in utility room over winter. most survive, and regenerate in spring when placed outdoors, and fertilized. Some,,,,,,,,, after a few years do bite the dust.:(
View attachment 1850501 View attachment 1850502 View attachment 1850504 Zinnias ,,,,,,seeds planted outdoor after frost danger past, as well as all the other large pots.
View attachment 1850505 View attachment 1850506 View attachment 1850507 View attachment 1850508 View attachment 1850509 In this picture , the middle, and lower pots have an unusual green weed growing. Well,,,,,,, it is the work of those squirrels burying sunflower seeds. I cant get mad at them,:hugs They are industrious working to make sure they have food stashed for later times.:thumbsup
View attachment 1850510
WOW everything looks so beautiful
some of my flowers are done (lilys) but i enjoyed them while they lasted:lol:

A new pic of my mutant, turns out I have 2 vines. Great. :rolleyes:

This one looks to be pollinated and is growing. It is much more yellow than the pic looks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190721-173350.png
    Screenshot_20190721-173350.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
A new pic of my mutant, turns out I have 2 vines. Great. :rolleyes:

This one looks to be pollinated and is growing. It is much more yellow than the pic looks.
guess you will have to wait til it matures and you can eat it, if its good, scrap some seeds, let them dry and plant them next year:D
should have said, after tasting, if its good, scrape some seeds out

Zone 5 update:gig:lau,,,,,,, well that is not needed, we all know its HOT. Took some pix of my container grown plants, and flowers. Some garden pix as well. We had a good dose of precipitation due to Barry, so the rain was welcomed here. :thumbsup
Lillies doing well.
View attachment 1850489 View attachment 1850490 View attachment 1850491 Hostas doing well, but not yet blooming.
View attachment 1850492 I purchased a couple rose bushes. They were discounted 50% so I just could not say no to myself:ya
View attachment 1850493 Black eyed Susan starting to bloom. I have them in 2 areas of garden.
View attachment 1850494 Another daylilly
View attachment 1850495
These are my Blackberries. The plants died back due to severe cold snap during winter. All this new growth looks good, but new growth does not bear fruit first year. View attachment 1850496 Container planted 2 types/kinds of rhubarb. Cages are to prevent my chickens from snacking on the growth. I will transplant into garden ground when these grow out. Both were from seeds.
View attachment 1850497 View attachment 1850498 Container grow 4 containers of sorrel. Cages keep chickens out to a point. They nibble anything that grows out of cage. :barnie

View attachment 1850499 My dill is doing so so. Earlier in growing, squirrels got in and devastated the tiny sprouts:hit,, Still :love those tree rats, so I forgave them:)
View attachment 1850500 All my geranium hanging baskets, I save from year to year in utility room over winter. most survive, and regenerate in spring when placed outdoors, and fertilized. Some,,,,,,,,, after a few years do bite the dust.:(
View attachment 1850501 View attachment 1850502 View attachment 1850504 Zinnias ,,,,,,seeds planted outdoor after frost danger past, as well as all the other large pots.
View attachment 1850505 View attachment 1850506 View attachment 1850507 View attachment 1850508 View attachment 1850509 In this picture , the middle, and lower pots have an unusual green weed growing. Well,,,,,,, it is the work of those squirrels burying sunflower seeds. I cant get mad at them,:hugs They are industrious working to make sure they have food stashed for later times.:thumbsup
View attachment 1850510
Lucky you. My day lillies look like mowed grass courtesy of deer and wild rabbits!

Interesting, we have daylilies and wild rabbits, they don't show any damage. Not sure the deer come out on the road but there are daylilies all along the road in front of the house and no damage there (other than when I take after the ones by the mailbox with string trimmer).
We have a high population of both rabbits and deer. It's mostly woods here, so my cultivated plants look yummy to them I guess. The wild rabbits are often seen mowing our grass. Until the dogs go out.

We have a lot of deer and they love to eat the hostas out front.

So I ate a lemon cuke! It was good but nothing I would plant in purpose I don't think. I have another one almost ready, the vines are starting to produce I think.
i thought about trying the lemon cukes but i like the marketmore 76 and i firmly believe if it ain't broke don't fix it so all i grow are the marketmores and the cucamelons(for husband, he likes to snack while in the garden)

Back
Top Bottom