How many plants are these from?
I have 3 Cinderella plants, 3 pumpkins are about ripe and half a dozen might get ripe...a few more I don't think will amount to much
I don't have any idea how many plants there are. There are 3 different kinds of pie pumpkins along with the Early Giants and the Big Moose.

I brought in another Big Moose at 62 lbs. leaving at least another 1/2 dozen of those. The biggest remaining one might be as big or bigger than the 93 lb. one.

There are quite a few more pie pumpkins left to pick.

I couldn't pick it up.
20210924_160806-jpg.2845211

20210924_160817-jpg.2845212

Ah
The big ones I had weren't good for eating. They were only 75 lbs and a disappointment. I don't remember what they were.
This is Big Moose. It has beautiful yellow flesh. Last year I was hungry for pumpkin muffins. I only had an 80 lb. Big Moose left. The muffins were absolutely wonderful.

Oh come on Bob, you couldn't pick up a mere 123.75 pounds?? ;)
OK, so how DID you get it out of the field and on to the scale?
I can pick up 200 lbs. without a problem. Pumpkins are not shaped conducive to allowing a reasonable grip or letting you lift with your legs.

I rolled it to the garden gate. I laid the wheelbarrow on its side and rolled the pumpkin into it. When I tried to set the wheelbarrow up, the pumpkin rolled out the other side. I put the wheelbarrow downhill of the pumpkin and rolled it in again. Wheeled it to the house and rolled it from the tipped over wheelbarrow onto the scale.

It is currently sitting in the garage still on the wheelbarrow. I need to figure out something to put it on so I can use the wheelbarrow for the next one.

Back
Top Bottom