Gave Blood!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I feel like I am so busy that giving blood at red cross is the best I can do to help out. Someday, when time is on my side I would love to "give" more to community, but for now, blood makes me feel I am contributing. I always feel good when I donate, meet neat people, and of course, there is the snack. . . LOL. I try to encourage everyone to donate!

I'm O- also.... not sure about the CMV stuff.
I really should donate... i keep putting it off. But i have no excuse, because they come right to the end of my road.
Just hate needles..
hide.gif

I'll do it next time they come around. And then i'll post back on here and let you know if i survived...
lol.png

Hmmm maybe one day. It would be nice to help out though, good on you!
I am also a bit of a sucker for needles. I'm a sucker for lots of things, blahh!

Please donate. My sister receives blood regularly due to a blood disorder. I have health issues - plus I rarely weigh enough - so I cannot donate.

DH however is O+ making him a universal donor AND he donates platelets once a month.
love.gif
Pheresis donors are heroes!!
bow.gif
bow.gif

He says eh does it because he gets to sit around for the length of a movie and get waited on by women. And they show good movies.
lau.gif

I started giving after my daughter spent close to 20 days in an ICU for burns.The people in this ICU needed blood on a regular basis.
We held a blood drive at the local Fire Dept. after she came home and I donated for the first time.Turns out I have B- blood. Now I give at lest
a couple times a year, and I always give doubles if I can.

Its great so many of you give, I wish I could but I have received. I lost my son at 16 weeks gestation, but I am still here thanks to the many people who donate. My sister and 3 of her friends have just started to donate too. Keep it up!!

Last edited:
I have WHAT in my yard? :

Please donate. My sister receives blood regularly due to a blood disorder. I have health issues - plus I rarely weigh enough - so I cannot donate.

DH however is O+ making him a universal donor AND he donates platelets once a month.
love.gif
Pheresis donors are heroes!!
bow.gif
bow.gif

He says eh does it because he gets to sit around for the length of a movie and get waited on by women. And they show good movies.
lau.gif

Actually O negative is the universal donor. O negative has no Rh antigens (presence or absence of Rh antigens determines the + or - status of blood) and no A or B antigens, meaning that people with other blood types don't have an immune reaction to the blood. With your DH being O and positive for Rh antigens, he can only give to other blood types that are positive as well. If that blood were to go to someone with negative blood, the anti Rh antibodies in that person's body would cause an immune reaction.

On the flip side, AB+ can get eeeeeverything. Wouldn't that be nice to be a universal receiver, never having to worry if you were in some sort of accident or having surgery and needed blood?​

I've tried to donate several times. I've been refused the last 4 times because they can't find a blood pressure. They use the machines and the machines come up "Error" every time. Then the nurse says she can't find one. I'm alive aren't I?!

I no longer give plasma though...I got sick WAY too often after donating plasma.

I am a regular blood donor too. I also work in a Blood Bank (in a hospital), so I am on the testing and giving out (to patients) end of it too.

Back
Top Bottom