Gave Blood!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

As a severe side effect of radiation treatment that took me literally to death's door, I am alive today because of donors.
hugs.gif
I've received many ounces of platelets (which required many, many pints of blood to get that many ounces of platelets) and it literally saved my life.

My sincerest heartfelt thanks to all who donate and make it possible for some of us to have another day with our children and loved ones.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

After September second i can donate another thing of whole blood again
smile.png
which they then divide up into platelets, plasma and red blood cells
big_smile.png
and can help 3 people with it. I also get points for my school, and my community services class.
I go in and donate with my mum, She is a A neg blood group ( always a shortage of that) and im A Pos
smile.png
i plan on becoming an organ donor soon too.

Edit to rephrase: What i mean is to register to be an organ donor
tongue.png
i plan on living for a long while longer Haha.

Last edited:
ughh I wish I could donate! I had hepatitis when I was a toddler and they said I couldn't sooo I'm gonna go get some tests done and see if I can
big_smile.png

Quote:
Could you please rephrase that? I would like for you to stick around for a while. Don't become a donor just yet. You may sign up to become one after your demise, but don't become one yet - we like you.

(I work in Trauma, we call severe head injuries organ donors. Sad, but true.

Kudos for you donating. I donate every chance I get, too. Kind of feels good in a bit of an ouchy way.
My oldest DD has recently started donating, too. My youngest DD is impatiently waiting until she can, too. I think we may have to go as a family bonding thing as soon as the youngest can go. lol

My dog has been a donor as well.
smile.png
Good Boy, Coulter!!

Last edited:
Used to be a regular whole blood and platelet donor when I lived in SC; I had a niece who once had to have a bone marrow transplant.
I can't find a place in Tennessee that seems interested in platelet donation so I'm just doing whole blood here. I think I'm up to 20 gallons or so right now, thanks to donating for years and years. If you donate, keep track of it, because I have noticed problems in transferring one's records from one state to another. Tennessee just sent me a card saying I'm close to being eligible for my one gallon pin! Big whoop.

We've moved so often I've lost count of my gallon count, but it's something I won't give up doing until they make me. I've done whole blood and platelets but since I'm A-, they usually tell me when I get there what they need that time. The first time I donated I was 16, too. I didn't know about the drive ahead of time, so I used the pay phone (yes, I'm that old!) at school and called my Mom, who gave her permission over the phone to my art teacher to forge her name for her on the permission form so I could donate.
lol.png

My family all know I want to donate organs, too. If you aren't on the marrow registry, you might want to check into that, too. It's another great way to help others. I've been called for the additional screening once but they found a better match (yay!) so I wasn't used. I tell you, it's an honor to even be considered as a match for someone and I still pray that person's marrow graft worked.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom