GE & Sylvania Worklight Bulbs to heat coops, can kill chickens & other animals! Please read.

CountryBirdGirl

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 6, 2012
I hope I have placed this thread in the correct section. If i have not, please forgive me as i am new on here. I just came across an article about worklight bulbs,that people are using to heat chicken coops by GE Rough service and also Sylvania Rough Service Frosted. These bulbs when heated, create fumes that can kill birds and other animals!
Please look into this further if you are even considering using them. The article was in Mothe rEarth magazine Oct/Nov 2012.

http://in.zinio.com/sitemap/Science...NEWS/Oct-Nov-12/cat1960026/is-416235826/pg-92

Too many people are sadly losing their animals due to these bulbs. Sylvania finally agreed to put a warning label on their bulbs, but GE has still refused. These companies do not want anyone talking about this which is incomprehensible. I peronally will NOT buy their products again as I find this completely irresponsible. We should also question what these fumes can do to us and our children. If this post saves even one life it was worth it.

Thank you for this information, I'd heard about some of the red bulbs having a teflon coating but now these too!

Back
Top Bottom