Gearing up for Christmas hatch! Who wants to join and plan with me?

Alright! Well so far I have just one egg to set. I'll have to wait and see what my girls give me before the 5th. I may actually set them on the 5th like another person here said. I think I may have gotten my counting off a little. I do have 4 eggs in the bator now that I set on nov 26th, so I guess that will put my early Christmas hatch around the 16th. But I also have one egg that goes on lock down on the 1st. (his brothers didn't make it. One was a double yolk that quit about a week into incubation the other was infertile.) But, I sure am going to like having babies for Christmas. Welcome folks! Yay hatch buddies!!!

I have muscovys in that is due to lockdown Dec 24th!
big_smile.png

Silkiechicken and I have set our second batch of eggs last weekend - most EE's and Japanese and sebright banties crossed with a banty cochin roo, due to hatch December 12. It will be my first hatch here at the house (she did the last one) and the last of my roosters eggs (he had to be rehomed). Out of 44 eggs we only have 2 confirmed viable at this point and quite a few unknown green eggs and dark brown eggs.
hmm.png
The last batch we had one of the green eggs hatch into a beautiful EE cochin X so I'm hopeful! Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
We are scheduled to set on the 5th.

We might need to re-schedule so the chicks can be named dasher, dancer, comet, cupid................... you get the drift.

big_smile.png

I am in with the 38 Mille Fleur D'uccle eggs I got from banty rooster today. What day are we setting? I have a batch hatching the 2nd or 3rd. I can always use the Hovabator as a back-up for stragglers. I am excited. I would like mine the be hatching on Christmas Day so my guests can see.
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom