Geese and Ducks.

GooseyMcGee

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 21, 2011
San Diego
Tomorrow we are going to get our new additions to our flock. We will be picking up three peking duckings as well two African goslings.

We have successfully raised geese before. I am planning on raising these ducks the same way we raised the geese. Is this a good idea?

Also, we will be raising them together with the new goslings. Is that a bad idea?

There are some differences between the species, but I haven't raised geese so I cannot give you a full rundown.

One thing I have heard is that geese graze, and ducks forage. But aside from that, I hope those with both will offer more details.

Congratulations!

Tomorrow we are going to get our new additions to our flock. We will be picking up three peking duckings as well two African goslings.

We have successfully raised geese before. I am planning on raising these ducks the same way we raised the geese. Is this a good idea? Sounds like a plan to me

Also, we will be raising them together with the new goslings. Is that a bad idea?Brooding ducks and geese together is fine

All I can say is you Better post pics.
wink.png

I have geese and ducks, I find ducks are much more of a 'water fowl' species. My geese rarely spend time in the pond as they are land dwellers. The ducks are always around and in the water. I'm not sure how happy the geese will be to be brooding with the ducks as they are not messy. I actually brooded my goslings with my chickens and they got along famously. The chickens would have been miserable brooding with ducks and I figure the goslings would be too.

Back
Top Bottom