Geese laying September

Nigeria is just barely above the equator ... geese generally lay in the late winter, into spring ...

I would doubt, but have never been there ... that they have much of a "four seasons" like we do in the USA ...

How old are these Embden geese that just stated laying The Starter?
Not quite sure but, a year or less. Got them 2nd August 2018 from local market. Didn't bother asking about their age as I wouldn't get satisfactory answers. They didn't look so mature then.

May be u can help me figure something out -- from 1st to 3rd eggs are noticeably different in sizes. The 1st being the smallest one, follows by the 2nd and; the 3rd -- the biggest one.

Why is it that they ain't size equal?

Attachments

• 15391834462040.08915815667477711.jpg
    15391834462040.08915815667477711.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 5
They get bigger, the longer they lay ... it won't get so noticeable as they age, the first few could be vastly different.

In chickens they are called "pullet" eggs ... they eventually get larger, more "regular sized" ... once the egg factory gets going strong!

They get bigger, the longer they lay ... it won't get so noticeable as they age, the first few could be vastly different.

In chickens they are called "pullet" eggs ... they eventually get larger, more "regular sized" ... once the egg factory gets going strong!
Thanks. However, will there be any issue as regard fertility due to the differences in size? Cos am gonna let her hatch them herself. As for mating, they mated countless -- I made sure of it. Thank you.

I'd go ahead and eat the first few ... normally the first few tend to be dud's, and the bigger ones let the embryo grow into their full potential, healthier babies ...

My African/Chinese has laid 20+eggs in the last seven weeks. No gander, so eating them. I knew I might get some in the fall but see is a laying machine. 8months old.

She is in her stall nesting right now so another egg today. She has a rapt 3 duck audience as they will not be separated. They just stand and watch her till she lays and covers it up, then all are off to the pool for a bath. Very cute.

Back
Top Bottom