Geese Toulouse or African? whats your pick?

Who mee ??? NOOOOO
wink.png

We had toulouse geese, pet quality, and I loved them. We got them from a friend, but I don't know where she got her original stock from.

The only time any of them ever bit me was when I caught one of the babies to show my kids, and I got a big goose bite on the back of my leg as I walked away. OUCH!! They never chased anyone and never attacked anyone. They were fine around my kids.

The only time they ever laid eggs that I'm aware of was in the spring during breeding season. We had 2 males and 2 females, and they laid 9 eggs in one nest. All 9 babies hatched out. The next spring, their nest was disrupted, so I'm not sure how many eggs they would have had.

The next year, we lost the flock, all but one, to predators. The remaining lonely gander moved to a new flock and got a girlfriend and a lake, and is now a happy, friendly guy.

We used to raise Touloose and Embdens. The Touloose were very nice. Their was one hen in the bunch who never missed a hatch, every year. I always liked their coloring better than the white of the Embdens.

We only ever had one African - a gander. He was mean and hateful.
smile.png
But one bird is not the best judge of a breed.

I have both, and got them all as adults. All of mine are friendly, even my African gander. He is a big scardy cat. We call him Honkers. He is big and beautiful and oh yeah....LOUD! Other than him honking all the time, he is very nice. My Touls are nice too and quieter. None have tried to attack anyone, even small kids etc. They worried way to much about getting fed, LOL and follow us around begging for more food.
big_smile.png

I think Im going with the toulouse. thanks for all the advise and opinions. I hate placing orders I never know what i want.

Back
Top Bottom