Gender - 8-9 week old Barred Rock and Asian Black - More/better Pics!

MrLeeHo

Songster
May 28, 2020
NC
Hi all,
I have 1 barred rock and 2 asian blacks that were sold as pullets. They are now 8-9 weeks old (the Asian's are a week older than the BR). Looking/hoping for confirmation that I indeed have 3 pullets. Thanks
Birds 2 4.14.jpg
Birds 3 4.14.jpg
Birds 4 4.14.jpg
Birds 4.14.jpg
Birds 5 4.14.jpg
Birds 6 4.14.jpg
Birds 7 4.14.jpg
Birds 8 4.14.jpg

Adding more pictures with numbers for the chicks. Hopefully this helps get some more input.
1.1.jpg
2.1.jpg
3.1.jpg
4.1.jpg
5.1.jpg
6.1.jpg
7.1.jpg
8.1.jpg
9.1.jpg
All thoughts are welcome. Thanks!

The "Plymouth Barred Rock" isn't a Plymouth Rock.

Legs are pink with a dark wash.

Looks like a cockerel. It is also a Asian Black which are occasionally barred.

The "Plymouth Barred Rock" isn't a Plymouth Rock.

Legs are pink with a dark wash.

Looks like a cockerel. It is also a Asian Black which are occasionally barred.
That is surprising because I got it from a bin where all of the chicks were barred with white spot on the head that was next to the bid that was labeled Asian Black. For my sake i hope you are wrong, i would hate to have to rehome 2 of 3 babies that were sold as pullets. I know 80-90% accuracy is typical and would be just my luck if i hit 33% :(

Thanks, and i am not attempting to discredit your opinion. Just trying to better understand. I follow the leg color regarding the PBR. What you are saying about the barred bird is that it looks like a cockerel based on comb/wattle but that it does not have the double white bar that cuckoo maran/PBR have? "IF" it is a pullet is it possible that it is a cuckoo maran or are there other indicators that are driving you towards saying it is not?
Thanks again.
It's definitely not a Cuckoo Marans, Cuckoo Marans cockerels would be double Barred like a barred Rock cockerel.

Barred Rocks have yellow skin, & legs.

The Asian Blacks that were sold at my TSC a couple years ago was a mix of solid black, & black with headspots

Back
Top Bottom