Genetic question about spangled gene...

Those chickens are beautiful!

Thank you so much for updating!

It's great to know how this came out!

How many patterned chicks vs. black chicks were there in total? With only a few, it's pretty common to get coincidences that look like they mean something ;)
These two are my absolute favorites, the lay almost daily like a hamburg but are sooo much more docile with the softest feathers I've ever felt, and they're happy to brood AND easily broken if I don't want them sitting! :love

First batch was 3:3, second 1F:2M, small enough to be totally misleading! :lol:

Just thought I'd add some updated pictures to go along with this old thread..
The baby on the left grew into this glorious pancake:
View attachment 2842114
And coincidentally, all the patterned chicks all turned out female anyway!
Oddly enough, even the single patterned chick out of my SSHxBantam Cochin (black) trio turned out to be a pullet, while her solid black siblings were male!
View attachment 2842122

if I hadn't asked in advance, luck would have totally fooled me into believing this was indeed a sex linked breeding! 😂 Thanks again to all the BYC experts who share they're hard earned knowledge!
Mad pancake
I had a turkey named Pancake.

Just thought I'd add some updated pictures to go along with this old thread..
The baby on the left grew into this glorious pancake:
View attachment 2842114
And coincidentally, all the patterned chicks all turned out female anyway!
Oddly enough, even the single patterned chick out of my SSHxBantam Cochin (black) trio turned out to be a pullet, while her solid black siblings were male!
View attachment 2842122

if I hadn't asked in advance, luck would have totally fooled me into believing this was indeed a sex linked breeding! 😂 Thanks again to all the BYC experts who share they're hard earned knowledge!
Beautiful hens!

Back
Top Bottom